CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trick or Treat Bow-Wow

It's Thursday!!!!  This week has gone by so quickly.  The wonderful thing about this week is I have had a lot of time to spend with my husband.  He is gone so much with his work and teaching that any time we can get is wonderful.

For my share today, I decided to make another Halloween card.  Although it might be hard to believe this card was inspired by my laundry.  That's right I said my laundry.  I was folding and hanging up clothes and happened upon one of my Halloween shirts.  On it was a very cute kitty.  Seeing this cat got me to thinking that so much of Halloween is centered around cats.  Now I like cats.  We don't own one because my husband is highly allergic to them.  We do however have a dog.  I realized I wanted to do something to bring a doggy into Halloween.  Of course that was all I needed to get me started on a card.  Here is the card I came up with:


Isn't he cute?!!!  I started my card by using a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock, scored at 5 1/2".  I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Basic Black.  It is attached using runner adhesive.  for my top layer I started with a piece of Basic Gray measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I sponged it with a little Basic Black ink so it would dull it a little.  I punched a moon out of Very Vanilla using the 1 1/4" circle punch  and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  I then used my XL big shot die that you use to make those beautiful rosettes and cut out a strip of Chocolate Chip card stock on the end with the picket fence looking boards.  I bent each slat on the crease just a little and brushed it with Chocolate Chip ink to add some texture.  I attached this using runner adhesive and trimmed off any excess that hung over the edges and attached the entire piece to the card with the same adhesive.  Then it was time to create the scene. 


For the greeting of this one, I used a stamp I bought several years ago at a local craft store.  I stamped it at the top using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it using a Halloween embossing powder.  It is simply black powder with some orange glitter in it.  Next, I used the retired bat punch and punched a bat out of Basic Black.  I then added black glitter to it using my 2 way glue pen.  It is attached to the card with dimensionals.  For the pumpkin bucket, I punched a 1 3/8" circle out of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  I trimmed the top off to make it flat.  I then took a scrap of black and punched out a small oval using the retired small oval punch and then punched around that hole using the large oval punch.  I used a cartridge for my Cricut machine called Paper Pups and cut 4 bones out of vanilla card stock.  I brushed the edges of these with a little Crumb Cake ink and glued them to the bucket using a 2 way glue pen.  I then used the same adhesive to glue the handle on.  I added some orange glitter glue stripes to my bucket and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  


Now let's talk about the star of the card.  I was going to dress my dog as a pumpkin but thought a pirate would be more fun.  To make the dog body parts, I used punches.  I used the owl builder punch for the eyes of this guy punching them out of black and white as you can see.  I added a little white gel pen to them.  For the ears and nose, I used Early Espresso card stock.  The ears are made with the large oval punch and the nose is the small heart from the retired heart to heart punch.  Again I added some white gel pen to it for character.  His head, muzzle, arms, and feet are made out of Crumb Cake card stock.  All of these pieces were sponged on the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  The head is a 1 3/4" circle punch.  The muzzle is the full heart turned upside down.  I used my chocolate marker to add the line and dots to the muzzle.  The arms are made using the wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch while the feet are 3/4" circles that have been trimmed to be flat on the bottom.  I added some black marker to make his toes.

For the pirate outfit, I once again turned to my Cricut machine for help.  I used the cartridge called Paper Doll Dress Up for this one.  I used Chocolate Chip for the shorts, Cherry Cobbler for the shirt and Basic Black for the hat and mustache.  I did have to modify my pieces a little to make them look right on my dog.  I sponged the shirt with a little black ink and added black stripes using my black marker.  I added the cuts at the bottom of the shirt too.  The pants had to be trimmed down just a little.  I added some gold glitter glue to the hat to add some dazzle to it.  

Now I will tell you, I do not dress up my real pet dog for the holiday.  I husband would have a fit.  He thinks all those costumes for animals are just plain silly.  So it is fun to make cards like this one where I can dress up my animal.  

Well that is all I have for you today.  I am so glad you decided to stop by and spend a little time visiting.  I hope you will return tomorrow to see what I have for you.  Do something creative today and have fun doing it!!  See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment