CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Monsters or Aliens

Hi everyone.  It's Tuesday!!!  So I got caught up in my Halloween theme this weekend.  I told you yesterday I had some punch art that would not work on the patchwork card I designed so I had to develop a new card for them.  Now I started with the idea that these little creatures were monsters but I think they could qualify as aliens as well.  I will let you decide if you agree with me or not.  Here we go!!


I love these guys!!  But as always let's begin at the beginning.  I used a base card of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a piece of Basic Black card stock that measures 4" x 5 1/4".  I sprayed this piece with the champagne shimmer spray and attached it using runner adhesive.  Next I added a 3 3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock.  I ran this piece through my big shot using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  I brushed the edges with Gumball Green ink and attached it using runner adhesive.  


All of the little creatures on my card are made using the owl builder punch.  I also used the circle from the itty bitty punch pack for the center of the large eyes and the hand held 1/4" circle punch for the center of the smaller eyes.  Any extension pieces on the creatures for eyes or antennas comes from scraps of card stock.  For the creature colors, I chose to use Gumball Green, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie.  On all the owls that I punched out, I trimmed the feet off.  Some feet were used as feet and some were used as hair or ears.  The mambo guy has the little hearts as his feet (yes it is the heart from the owl builder).  I added glitter glue dots to my green and mambo monsters that matched their colors.  On the eggplant, I added mambo circles and added matching glitter glue to them too.


Here you can see the other two monsters as well as the greeting.  If you notice, the daffodil monster is the only one who has matching colored feet.  On the pumpkin guy, I used the pumpkin feet to make his ears where the antennas come out.  On the daffodil, I added green and pumpkin dots to his body.  I added matching glitter glue to the dots too.  The pumpkin monster has purple dots on the antennas with matching glitter glue and then I added glitter glue stripes to his body.  White gel pen was added to each eye of every monster.  All pieces of the monsters are attached together using a liquid glue and a 2 way glue pen.  All in all I think the monsters look really cute.   The completed monsters were attached to the card using dimensionals.  

The greeting comes from the stamp set Wicked Cool.  I stamped it using Gumball Green ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the 1" square punch.  I then punched out a 1 1/4" square in Gumball Green and layered them together using runner adhesive.  I added the greeting to the card using dimensionals and added some green rhinestones to the corners.  

This was a lot of fun to make.  I love the monsters and hope to use them again soon.  I am so glad all of you got to see them too.  I hope you come back tomorrow when the card theme changes to something else.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment