CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Another Medallion Card

Happy Monday to you all.  I want to start by welcoming in the month of October.  Halloween is invading my home as we speak but my husband is thrilled it is finally time.  I also want to thank all of you who came to the Saturday crop at my home.  I enjoyed spending time with you all and crafting for a day.  I will be planning another one soon so if you missed this one I hope you can make it to the next.

While I was busy crafting at the crop, I was asked to help with a birthday card.  I had just finished those beautiful thank you cards using the new medallion stamps set I bought and decided to use it for the birthday card too.  So here is the card I made:


As you can see, I used the same pattern as the thank you card but changed the theme and color scheme.  I started with a base of Midnight Muse card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  I attached this to the base using runner adhesive and set it aside while I worked on the medallion.


To make my medallion, I selected the four largest stamps from the stamp set Daydream Medallions.  I stamped 2 on Midnight Muse card stock - the bottom one and the second from the top.  I did this using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it using white embossing powder.  Next, I stamped the other 2 onto Whisper White card stock.  Now I wanted these to be the Midnight Muse color but also wanted to emboss them.  Since I did not have embossing powder that color I chose to do a little different technique.  I took each stamp and ink it first with VersaMark ink.  Then I took the stamp with the VersaMark ink on it and immediately inked it using the Midnight Muse ink.  Do not stamp in between the two inks.  You want them layered on the stamp.  Once both colors are on the stamp, stamp the image onto the white card stock.  Use clear embossing powder to heat emboss the image.  The nice thing about this technique is you can emboss any color you want.  

Once they were all embossed, I pulled out the big shot and the Floral Frame framelits.  I cut out the medallions using the framelits.  Once they were all cut out, I layered them together using runner adhesive.  I added a white brad to the center of the medallion and then attached it to the card using a glue dot in the center and runner adhesive over the rest of it.


For the greeting, I turned to my Create A Cupcake stamp set.  I stamped the greeting onto Whisper White card stock using Midnight Muse ink.  I then punched it out using the large oval punch.  I layered this onto a scallop oval punched out of Midnight Muse using runner adhesive.  It was then attached to the card using dimensionals.

Now I was fairly productive this weekend at the crop so I have other cards to share with you already prepared.  I will return tomorrow to share one of them with you.  Thanks so much for dropping by today to spend some time with me.  See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment