When I started this card, I was actually planning on putting different punch art items on it. However, once I laid the background down, I found it was too busy for my art. So I have saved that for another day. I did like the look of this card so I just created a design to go along with it.
I started this card with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Gumball Green card stock. It is scored at 5 1/2". Next I pulled out scrap pieces of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black card stock. I punched 1 1/4" squares from these, three of each color. Next I laid them in a random pattern and adhered them to the base card using runner adhesive. Once they were secured down, I pulled the circle and the plus looking flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack and punched circles out of black and flowers out of green. I outlined the outer sides with the circles and placed the flowers in the center where corners of the squares meet. I adhered them using my 2 way glue pen. I added large pearls to the four outer corners, small pearls to all the other circles and rhinestones to the flowers.
The stamps I chose to use for this card are all Halloween stamps I have picked up over the years. On the daffodil squares I stamped a moon with a bat using Basic Black ink. I added yellow glitter glue to this. Next I stamped a pumpkin onto the pumpkin squares using Basic Black ink and added orange and green glitter glue to the image. I did add yellow glitter glue to the eyes, nose and mouth but it is hard to see in the photo.
On the eggplant squares, I went with a witches hat stamp and stamped it with black ink. I added a lime green glitter glue to the hat band and purple glitter glue to the hat. For the black squares, I knew an image would not show up as well if stamped with regular ink. So instead, I stamped this image with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder. Since it has a bit of a shiny look to it, I did not add any glitter glue.
Think of this card as a sample of how to turn a mistake into a workable project. After all as I said before, I laid the pattern down and adhered it to the base card and then decided it would not work for the card I wanted. I am glad I came up with another idea and was able to make it work for this one.
Well that is all for today. I hope you have a wonderful Monday. Please come back tomorrow for another card. Thanks for stopping by today.