CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Bells Are Ringing.......

Happy Wednesday.  Well the week is off to a depressing start for us.  I received news yesterday that my sister's friend who I made the beautiful Thinking Of You card for passed away this past Sunday night.  She had been battling cancer for a while and now she can finally rest.  She will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.  We also attended a special dinner last night to raise money for Alzheimer's research.  While the food was good and I enjoyed lending a helping hand, it always makes me think of my mother who was afflicted with this disease.  It is so hard on the families of these patients to watch their loved ones lose touch with their own lives.  Anything I can do to support research I will do.

Okay now that the depressing stuff is out of the way, let's move on to the card.  I decided to go ahead and share my other stain glass card with you today.  Since I have done a tutorial on this technique before, I know these posts are shorter than most.  With that in mind, I thought it best to do another short one today and then we move move to something new.  So let's get going.


This time I went with a Christmas theme and used a bell stamp I have.  I started with a piece of Real Red card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".  I used this as the base card.  Now while it does not come through in the photo, the red of the card does show through the white glitter just a tad.  I think in the future, I would place a piece of white card stock behind it to make the frosted window stay white.  


Here is a closer look at the bells.  I bought this stamp years ago at a little stamp shop.  I wish I could say the shop was still open but it has since closed.  I stamped it using StazOn ink directly onto the acetate.  I then let it dry for a moment while I selected my glitter colors for today.  I decided to stick with traditional Christmas colors of red and green with some silver and gold thrown in for good measure.  Again, I wiped over my image with a dryer sheet before beginning to apply the glitter to reduce the static and help the excess glitter to release.  I started with the darkest color and worked to the lightest one.  Remember you want to use a white liquid glue that will dry clear.  Once I had all of my glitter applied, I put the image aside for several hours to dry.  

I used the champagne glimmer card stock to make the frame for this one.  Again, I measured the image and drew a box on the back of a piece of 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of the champagne card stock.  Using my craft knife, a self healing cutting mat and my ruler, I carefully cut out the box.  I attached my dried stain glass image to the frame using sticky strip.  Once it was securely attached, I attached the entire image to the base card using glue dots.  

See I told you it was a short post.  Oh well.  Tomorrow I will be back with another card to share with you.  This time it will be a punch art card.  So be sure to stop in again to see what it is.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment