CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Another Card for Another New Arrival

Happy Friday to all of you.  This week has sure gone by fast.  It really has been a busy one for me and the activities kept me out of my craft room for a few days.  I am happy to say though that once again i have managed to come up with a card to share with you.

My daughter and I went shopping earlier this week for baby gifts.  It sure seems that this has been the year of babies for family and friends.  Anyway, she asked me if I would make a card for her to give her coworker.  Of course I agreed to make one for her.  Lucky for me, my daughter knew she wanted a fuzzy teddy bear on it so it was easy to design.  Today I will share this card with all of you.


I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base card of Pretty in Pink.  This was scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock to this using runner adhesive.  For the top layer I went with Whisper White card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  Once the words were added to this I ran it through my big shot using the Medium Polka Dot impression folder.  The layer is attached using runner adhesive.  Once the bear was on, I added the little bubble stickers in pink and lavender to the background for sparkle.


For the words, I decided I would let my Cricut machine do the work.  I used a cartridge called New Arrival which has all things baby on it.  The phrase was one of the options.  I cut it out in both Pretty in Pink and Elegant Eggplant card stocks.  I attached them to the white using a 2 way glue pen and ran the words and white layer through the big shot for the dots.  Once the card was impressed, I added some dots of Stickles glitter glue to the letters for dazzle.  


Finally we reach the star of the card - our little bear.  For this I once again turned to my Cricut.  I used a cartridge called Create a Critter.  The cartridge has all kinds of animals on it.  I cut the bear out of Chocolate Chip card stock and then cut an overlay for it out of Crumb Cake.  I glued these together using liquid glue.  to make my bear fuzzy, I used Fun Flock.  I used a dark brown for the inner ears, the muzzle and the tummy.  I chose a light brown for all the other areas.  I applied one color at a time using a liquid glue.  I started with the dark.  I added glue in the areas I wanted the flock, sprinkled the flock onto it, pressed down a little and shook off the excess.  I waited about 5 to 10 minutes to let this dry well and then did the lighter color.  Again you will apply liquid glue to all areas to cover, shake on the flock, press down and shake off the excess.  I know you can tell the flock is lighter in some areas.  Don't worry about this.  After all loved teddy bears have wear spots on them.  

For the bow, I used the small heart punch and the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  I punched two hearts out of pink and 2 out of eggplant.  I then punched a circle out of pink and another out of eggplant.  I layered the hearts and circles and glued them to the bears head using a liquid glue.  I added a lavender bubble sticker to the center and some Stickles glitter glue dots to each heart.  

Finally for the eyes, nose and mouth I chose to use rhinestones.  I picked up a pack that had these black stones in it a few months ago at my local craft stock.  I thought they would work perfectly with this little girl.  It adds some subtle sparkle to her face.  The bear is attached to the card using glue dots.

Well that is all for today.  I hope you enjoyed this little bear.  Teddy bears are my favorite stuffed animal so I had fun making this one.  

Have a wonderful weekend and do something fun.  I am going to craft (I hope).  I will see you all back here on Monday morning with another card to share.  Thanks for dropping by today!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment