CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

One Last Halloween Card

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!  It has finally arrived!!  I can hardly believe that we will be passing out the candy tonight and tomorrow starts the planning for Thanksgiving.  Where does the time go?  Pretty soon it will be Christmas and then a brand new year.  I plan on trying my best to enjoy each and every day this holiday season. 

It only seemed fitting to send off October with one last Halloween card.  I just made this one the other night and mailed it off to my niece, her husband and their new little boy.  The decorations for the card seemed to really fit them.  So let's get started shall we. 


I started this card with a base card of Whisper White cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Basic Black card stock which measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the final layer, I used a piece of designer series paper from a year or two ago.  I do not remember the name of the dsp set.  Anyway, I cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  All these layers were attached to the card using runner adhesive.  Once they were attached, I sprayed the front of the card with champagne shimmer spray.  


For my greeting I wanted to do a play on word by saying Happy Owl-o-ween.  I took out a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock and my big shot.  I then pulled out the retired Billboard sizzlit designer strip.  I cut the letters out for the words.  I added glue with my two way glue pen to the front of each letter and dipped them into orange glitter.  Once they dried, I attached them to the card using the same two way glue pen.  


For my little characters, I started by punching out 3 owls in Basic Black using the owl builder punch.  I also punched the eyes out with this punch.  I attached the eyes using a liquid glue and added white gel pen to each eye.  Next I took out my small oval punch and a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  I punched 4 ovals for each pumpkin costume.  I used 3 of them to make the pumpkin and the fourth I cut a piece off of for the hat.  I used a scrap of Garden Green card stock to use for the stems and used the prongs from a star punch I have for the eyes and nose of each pumpkin.  I drew the mouths on myself with a fine tip black marker.  The pumpkins were made using a liquid glue.  I then used the same glue to attached them and the hats to the owls.  I added orange glitter glue to the pumpkins and green glitter glue to the stems.  The owls are attached to the card using dimensionals.


For the inside of the card, I turned to the stamp set Wicked Cool.  I stamped the greeting in the center of a piece of Whisper White and then stamped the hat above it and the feet below it.  I used StazOn ink to do this.  I then took my Basic Black and Gumball Green Stampin' Up! Markers to color the hat and feet with.  This made them really stand out.  I added some orange glitter glue dots to it and set it aside to dry.  I cut a piece of Basic Black to be larger than the white and sprayed it with the champagne shimmer spray.  Once the white was dry, I attached it to the black with runner adhesive and then attached the entire piece to the inside of the card using the same adhesive.  

I do hope you all have a wonderful Halloween.  Try not to eat too much candy!!  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you.  I do hope you stop by.  Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment