CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Winter Scene

Happy Friday everyone.  Once again we have reached the end of a week.  I hope yours was a good one.  I spent most of it decorating my home for the holidays.  Remembering what Christmas is all about is very important in our family.  We always spend time reading the story of the birth of Jesus in the bible and have many children's books that tell the story too.  We also have a collection of nativities that we put out during the holiday season.  We try to add one to our collection each year.  Now before you say where do you put them all, I will tell you that some of them are full sets that do take up shelf space while others are small one piece versions.  Some are small sets and some are ornaments.  So by varying the sized, we can fit more into the house.  We have not add one yet this year but I have a good guess as to which one we will add. 

One of my favorite nativity sets I have is a snowman set.  It was given to me by my in laws one year at Christmas.  I had to set it up so I could enjoy it right away.  Each year when I unpack it, I smile as I think of my family and remember receiving it.  It inspired me a couple of years ago to look for a snowman nativity stamp.  Now Stampin' Up! has some adorable snowmen but no nativity.  So I did a search on the internet and was fortunate enough to find one.  I ordered it from a company called Biblical Impressions.  Today, I want to share a card with you I made using this stamp.


We will take a closer look at the holy family in a minute but first let's look at the card.  I started with a base card of Whisper White cut at 7" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" .  This is one of only two pieces of the card made with a SU! product.  For the paper layered on top of it, I used a piece of Christmas wrapping paper.  Yes, instead of throwing away the scraps of paper, why not use them on a card?  The piece is cut slightly smaller than the base card.  Before adhering it, there a couple of things to do first.  I wanted a circle in the middle of the piece of paper.  At the time, I had access to a circle cutter and that is what I used to get the circle.  Then I stamped the nativity scene and cut it out as a circle, larger than the one in the wrapping paper.  It is adhered to the back of the paper so the snowmen show through.  Once that is completed, you can adhere it to the front of the card.  Now we will look at the nativity itself.


I started my scene by stamping the image on a piece of white card stock using StazOn ink.  I wanted to add color to it of course, so I chose to use my trusty colored pencils.  (I really do love those!)  Once the scene was all colored, I wanted it to sparkle.  Now for this card, I did not want to just add some glitter.  I wanted the entire image to sparkle.  To achieve this look, I turned to my heat embossing tool for help.  I first applied VersaMark ink to the entire image by directly pouncing the ink onto the paper.   I took my SU! embossing powder called Iridescent Ice and sprinkled it all over the image.  The VersaMark ink will make the powder stick.   The I turned on the heat tool and melted all that pretty powder.  To me, it gave the image a look somewhat similar to a snow globe that has been shaken.  Easy technique, impressive results.  
My weekend is already filled with activities.  Saturday, we are taking both our girls and their significant others to Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo.  I cannot wait to see it!!  Sunday, I am going with my husband to a restaurant up in the area where his fire station is.  I am going strictly as support as he and other fire men will be servers for the night, raising money for charity.   It ought to be interesting.  

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  I will be back on Monday with another card to share.   Please stop by to see what I come up with.  Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment