CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What Do You Want For Christmas?

IHave you ever been in a post office where there are wanted posters hanging on a bulletin board?  I am not sure if I have but I have seen depictions of this in television shows and movies, especially westerns.  Now I do not watch a lot of westerns but have seen a few.  I am getting off track here.  Well, those posters served as an inspiration for the card I am going to share today.  That may seem a little weird to you.  After all,  the people depicted on these are criminals.  Well I took the basic idea of the poster and made it a little whimsical.  So let's get on with the card.


There is no need to fear these posters.  My base card is Garden Green.  I seem to use a lot of that during this time of the year.  I took a set of stamps I received as a gift many years ago and chose 3 of them to use for my posters.  The layer on top of the base card is a cork card stock.  I found it at my local craft store on the same aisle as the other scrapbook paper.   It is easy to cut through so it was simple to cut it to the size I wanted.  Once I stamped the images on white, colored them with colored pencils and cut them out, I attached them to the cork paper using brads.  I simply wrote in my own handwriting the words on the front.  This was my first try at a card like this.  I have a few other stamps that might work for this idea.  I think I may give it another try.  


This is the inside of the card.  I stamped the image on Whisper White, colored it with colored pencils, and cut it along its borders.  I layered it on a piece of Real Red card stock and trimmed the edges of the red with decorative scissors.  The peppermint candy is a sticker I happened to have on hand.   I think this is such a cute depiction of these special holiday characters.  Very simple to put this together but well worth it.  
Well I am off to do laundry.  I seem to have accumulated quite a bit over the last week.  It is a never ending job.  Thanks for coming by to see my card today.  Be sure to stop by tomorrow.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment