CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Heart Filled Envelope

It's the day before the day before the night before Christmas.  I remember as a little girl how exciting this time of the year always was, wondering what Santa would bring and being with family.  As an adult, I must admit I still get excited.  We easily can lose that childlike quality that makes life magical if we are not careful.  I certainly hope you still have yours. 

Another thing I know I always dreamed of as a little girl was being a princess and having a handsome prince sweep me off my feet.  Now I do know that life is not always a fairytale, but I am so lucky to have my prince of a husband in my world.  With the new year comes a new Valentine's Day to celebrate and another anniversary in March.  So I wanted to share a card that would work perfectly with these occasions.  I was going through my scrap boxes the other day and came across some dsp that worked really well for what I wanted. 


Here is the first sample of my card.  I will be sharing 2 with you.  They are made the same way so I am going to go ahead and put the 2nd one up for you to see.  Then I will tell you how I made it.

The only difference on these 2 cards is the dsp I used for the envelopes.  I do not recall the name of this dsp and it is now retired.  But let's begin at the beginning.  The base card for both is Pretty in Pink card stock.  For my layer, I chose to use a piece of Very Vanilla and edged both sides of it with the Scallop Trim Border punch. It is adhered to the card using runner adhesive.  I then took my 12 x 12 dsp and cut it in half.  Using my big shot, I ran the dsp through using the Scallop Envelope die.  The nice thing about this die is it cuts the envelope out and scores the fold line for you so you can easily see where to fold it.  I put the envelope together using sticky strip to be sure it held.  DO NOT fold the top down to close it.  We want it opened.  I then attached it to the vanilla using the sticky strip.  I grabbed a scrap piece of Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Riding Hood Red.  I ran each through the big shot using the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  Using my Small Heart punch, I punched out lots and lots of hearts from those scraps.  Before attaching the hearts, I stamped my greeting in the corner using Red Riding Hood ink.  The stamp I used is from a set called Well Scripted.  It is a retired one.  I wanted to position the greeting and attach the hearts around it.  Using runner adhesive, I started attaching the hearts.  I hope it gives the appearance of all the hearts spilling out when the envelope was open.  

I hope some of my cards are getting you thinking about what you might make.  Remember, if you ever want to send handmade cards but do not have the time to make them, you can contact me and I will be happy to make them for you to purchase.  Low cost, high quality.  Anyway, thanks for coming by today and please drop by tomorrow for another visit.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment