CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

I always enjoy the twinkling lights at Christmas time.  I wish they made lights for all holidays where our homes could have that warm all year.  I just find them to be so peaceful.  For us, it always begins with the tree and then the rest of the lights slowly get added both inside and outside.  For this year, we are finally finished putting up all the lights.  Now I can sit back and enjoy them.

Last week, I shared a white Christmas tree with you.  It was embossed on red card stock and decorated with glitter glue.  As I said in that posting, it reminded me of the white tree my mother use to put up.  We talked about how you could make this tree in other colors too.  Now I do not know about you, but when I walk into the stores today and see pink and blue and red trees, I just do not associate them with Christmas.  Of course, I do associate them with a Dr. Seuss Christmas.  Anyway, I made another tree the other night, this time in green.  Let's take a look at it.


I like how this tree turned out.  I started with a Real Red base card.  I know you cannot see it in the photo.  Guess I was a little too close to the tree.  Anyway, I stamped the tree onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink.  I sprinkles green embossing powder all over the tree, shook off the excess and heat embossed it using my heat tool.  I added the red dots of Stickles glitter glue as my decoration.  I was going to use rhinestone colored red but ran out of time to get some.  The greeting on this card comes from the Four the Holidays stamp set.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help me line it up exactly where I wanted it and stamped it in Real Red ink.  

I tried to take a closer picture of the tree to show the detail of the limbs.  I was also hoping you would be able to see the shine of the embossing powder.  Unfortunately, the shine did not come through in the photo.  Isn't it funny how the top of the photo looks blurry and the bottom looks clear?  How I managed to do that I do not know.  
Well, I am going to go get ready for a baking marathon with my daughter.  I do have a card ready to share tomorrow.  I planned ahead so that baking would not interfere with card making and blogging.  I do appreciate you stopping by today.  Please drop in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment