CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa, Take 2

The other day I shared with you my undying love for Santa.  You know the jolly man with the adorable rosy cheeks?   I wanted to work on another card featuring the same stamp I used on it but with a little different look.  As I made the tree I shared yesterday, an idea formed in my mind of what I wanted to do.  While it is similar to the other one, but different at the same time.  Perhaps I should just show you.






I must have been in a close up mode when taking pictures of this one and the tree from yesterday.  I seem to cut off the base card edges in both of them.  I started this card with a Garden Green base card.  I used a retired stamp of holly leaves from the set Background Basics to decorate the front of it.  I stamped the holly using the VersaMark ink pad.  Then I took some clear embossing powder and sprinkled it all over the card.  It held to the images.  I then shook the excess powder off and heat embossed the images.  Since I did not want them to be a color, clear powder was the perfect choice.  Next I got out my handy big shot machine and the top note die.  Using a piece of Basic Black, I ran it through the machine to get the top note cut out.  Now for this particular card, I did not want the note itself.  Instead I wanted to use the frame it leaves behind.  I placed the frame into the Houndstooth impression folder and ran it through the big shot just to add some texture to the frame.  Turning once again to my Four the Holidays stamp set, I selected the greeting I wanted to use for the front.  It is stamped on Whisper White card stock with VersaMark ink.  I then used an embossing powder called Candy Cane (I got it from a convention) and heat embossed it.  Using my 1" square punch, I created the flag ends you see.  All sides were sponged with Real Red ink.  I curled the greeting a little using a pencil to give it a ripple effect and attached it to the card.


Here you see Santa.  I used my big shot and the 3 1/2" circle die to cut out the Whisper White circle.  Once again, I started by stamping him using StazOn ink.  He was then colored using my wonderful colored pencils.  This time, instead of adding glitter to certain areas, I wanted the entire circle to sparkle.  To achieve this look, I applied VersaMark ink directly to the circle by stamping the pad all over the circle.  Next came the embossing powder.  I used Iridescent Ice powder, applied it to the entire circle, shook off the excess and heat embossed it.  In the light, you can see the sparkle.  It is quite dazzling.  He is adhered to the card using Tombo Multi liquid glue.

It seems the weeks pass faster and faster.  Here we are once again at another weekend.  I hope you have a wonderful 2 days full of fun.  Thanks for coming to see my Santa.  I will be back on Monday with another card.  Thanks again for dropping in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment