CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Greenery

From the title of the blog, I would guess you are thinking this will be about a tree or a wreath or holly or something you normal associate with Christmas that is green.  But you would be wrong.  Today's card is a fun stamp that I found at a local craft store.  When I saw it, I knew I had to have it.  It was just too cute.  So without further ado, let's get on with the card!!


Now I would bet you did not think it would be frogs.  Well, it is.  I just thought these guys were too cute to pass by.  My base card for this one is on Garden Green.  It is cut at 8" x 9", scored at 4".  You would need to get a larger envelope for this one.  Since I wanted the focus on the frogs, I chose not to embellish it with much else.  The snowflakes surrounding the frogs is from EK Success.  I punched these out of shimmer white card stock.  By using that, I did not need to add glitter (which of course made me sad).  For the greeting, I could not find one I was happy with.  I looked and looked for one I thought went with the card but found nothing in my vast stamp collection.  I decided to go with my own saying and what is more fitting than "Hoppy Holidays".  I used a Zig pen from EK Success called Painty Twin.  It has gold on one end and silver on the other.  I chose the silver for this card.  It is shiny and stands out.  

The first layer on the card is a Poppy Red piece.  I then stamped my wonderful frogs using StazOn ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I cut it out using decorative scissors to give the edges some texture.  Before I go any further,  I wanted to tell you that this stamp is from Penny Black.  I am not sure if it is still available but feel free to Google the site and check to see.  The frogs were colored using colored pencil.  Watercoloring them would be another great option.  For the hats they are wearing, I colored the red part and used Dazzling Diamond glitter on the brim and ball.  (You knew I would work that glitter in somehow!)  I could have colored the hats different colors but for this one I just went with red.

Well I am off to bake yet once again.  Today's delicious creation -- lemon bread!!  My mom made this every year to give away to friend and family.  Of course she always kept some for us too.  It is one of my favorite treats.  I cannot wait to taste it.  My other fun today -- laundry!!  Okay so that one is not much fun but has to be done.  

I hope you all find time to do something you enjoy today.  Thanks for dropping in and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment