CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

We're Stacking Snowmen!

If there is one thing I miss about living where there is snow, it is being able to build snowmen.  No matter where we lived when I was little, there was always snow -- that is until we moved to Phoenix, Arizona.  I can remember building snowmen and having snowball fights with my sister.  It was so much fun.  While we seemed to improve each year on out snowman building skills, we never made one quite like the one I am going to share with you today.  Of course, it is a stamp so no actual building was involved. 


I do not think we would have ever succeeded in trying to build a snowman like this.  But let's start at the beginning of this card.  I began with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 11", scored at 4 1/4".  I used a non-SU! background stamp of snowflakes and stamped them in the retired color Brilliant Blue.  I covered the entire front with them.  I then took a scrap piece of Christmas wrapping paper and used it as my first layer.  It has a foil like quality about it and has snowflakes all over it too.  I set this aside and began work on my snowmen.  The piece of card stock is trimmed out using a pair of decorative scissors I have.  I wanted to do something to the edges instead of just edging them with ink and this seemed to work.  Now for the snowman totem pole.

I bought this stamp at a local craft store.  I thought it was the cutest thing I had seen in a long time.  The totem pole was something I had never seen done with snowmen and I thought they would bring a smile to others faces.  I started by stamping them in StazOn ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock, cut it down to the size I wanted using my paper trimmer, and then went ahead and trimmed the edges with decorative scissors.  I used my colored pencils to color the snowmen in.  On this particular card, I went with the purple family.  I liked how it looked against the wrapping paper.  I also made other cards with different scrap wrapping papers in red, green, and light blue.  This is a great way to recycle paper and adds a lot of decoration to your cards.  I add dazzling diamond glitter to the pom pom on the top snowman, the earmuffs of the middle snowman, and the holly leaves on the bottom snowman.  Cute, cute, cute.
I am working on several cards to share in the up coming days.  You will just have to come back tomorrow to see what card I will have ready for you to see.  Thank you so much for stopping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment