CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

White Christmas

Happy December everyone.  Can you believe Christmas is almost here?  I am so excited.  When I was growing up, we lived in several places where it snowed.  I have experienced a white Christmas several times.  As a child, it was wonderful.  I do miss the snow.  I also happened to love the movie White Christmas.  My mother loved musicals.  She also happened to have a beautiful singing voice and would sing along to every musical we watched.  This time of year I think of her often, especially when I watch White Christmas.  My youngest daughter also loved the movie and use to sing and dance one of the numbers, although she does not remember doing that. 

The white Christmas I am referring to in my title has to do with the card I am sharing today.  It too is a memory from childhood.  More than once, we lived in tri-level homes.  Due to the size and space, we would have 2 Christmas trees in the house:  one green and one white.  I remember my mom decorating the white tree.  She had these beautiful red, fiber optic lights to use on it and red satin balls to complete the design.  I loved that tree.  It served as the inspiration for this card.



Other than the card stock, none of the materials are from Stampin' Up!.  I bought this tree stamp 3 or 4 years ago at a stamp convention.  It appealed to me because it reminded me of a Christmas tree, perfect for Christmas cards.  When I pulled it out to use, I thought of the white tree from my childhood and knew I wanted to make one for this card.  The base card is actually Whisper White.  I then cut Real Red card stock to fit the entire front of the card, hiding the white.  My tree was basically complete when I stamped the greeting on the card.  It was stamped using VersaMark ink and heat embossed using black embossing powder.  Now let's look a little closer at the tree itself.


The picture really does not due the tree justice.  It is very pretty up close.  I stamped the tree using VersaMark ink as well as stamped the star on top.  I then heat embossed then using a detailed white embossing powder.  I used a gold paint pen by Marvy to color in the star and add some rays around it.  Last but not least, I decorated my tree.  To do this, I used my handy Stickles glitter glue in green and red.  You could also use rhinestones with color if you wanted to add bling.  Now I know my childhood tree was done in all red, but I really wanted to add some green ornaments too!
I am planning on doing another one of these trees in green.  When I get it finished, I will share it with you too.  Feel free to ask questions or leave comments.  I love to hear from you.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment