CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Rained Out

Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you all had a really nice weekend.  I did not get everything done I wanted to but that always seems to be the case.  As I said on Friday, my family was going to Zoo Lights on Saturday night.  When we left out house, it was not raining.  Even though it had been overcast all day, we really did not expect to get any rain.  As we were driving on the freeway, the rain started, just sprinkles mind you but rain none the less.  Well, by the time we pulled into the parking lot at the zoo, it was pouring.  Car after car headed to the exit.  People were making their way quickly back to their cars to leave.  We thought perhaps the storm would be over soon so we chose to go to Denny's and get something to eat since we had not had dinner.  We had the delusional idea that we would go back to the zoo after eating and see the lights.  Well, we ate out dinner and had a wonderful visit with our youngest daughter and her boyfriend (our oldest had wisely chosen to go home and see the lights another night).  As we were finishing dinner, I noticed the rain water was still coming off the eaves of Denny's and a customer who had just walked in was really wet.  Needless to say, we are rescheduling our zoo visit.  We did go and see houses that were all lit up and very pretty and got ice cream.  All in all it turned out to be a very nice evening.

Sunday found me running an errand and then preparing to go to my husband's charity event.  The event went fairly well and the money raised will certainly go to a good cause.  I would recommend if you are ever in the area of 7th street and Carefree highway, go visit the restaurant called Peaks and Valleys on the southeast corner.  The food is very good and the people are so friendly.  All in all it was a good weekend.

My card for today reminds me of the grid cards I have shared with you before minus the lines.  This one has a winter theme and makes a cute Christmas card.


To begin this card, I started with a Whisper White base card.  I added a layer of Garden Green to that with rounded corners and then added another layer of Whisper White with rounded corners.  Before adding the top white layer, I laid out my grid by marking the lines in pencil very lightly.  Then I added a drop of Stickles to each corner alternating green and red.  I let this dry completely before continuing.  Once it was dry I added my little snowmen, one for each box.  This happens to be a set of four snowmen I found at a hobby store.  Once I stamped all of them, I colored then using colored pencils and adhered the layer to the green.  Then be sure to erase your light pencil lines marking the grid.  This can be done now or once the glitter glue is dry. 


Here is a closer look at the snowmen.  Aren't they cute?  I could not resist buying this set when I saw it even though it is not a Stampin' Up! set.  As you can see they each have their own personality and are just ready for the snow to keep on falling.  They bring a Christmas wish to each person who receives this card.

Well, I have a busy day ahead and need to get moving.  I am afraid I will not finish all I would like to if I keep talking.  So for now, I wish you all a wonderful day.  Please come by tomorrow to see what I have to share next.  Until then, thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment