CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Love Must Be In The Air

 I seem to be starting a new trend.  It's funny how different occasions pop into my head every now and then.  They stick with me until I actually work on a card or two or more.  Valentine cards keep creeping into my mind.  I seem inspired to make some.  Now I love my husband very much but we are not even through Christmas yet!  Between my husband and myself as well as our girls and their beaus, it really does not surprise me too much that I am already thinking about this.  So I have given in to the love bug and worked on another Valentine card.  So away we go!!



This is another card that uses the Valentine Defined stamp set which is retired.  The tree in this set is one of the cutest trees I have ever seen.  What a wonderful idea to make the leaves out of hearts.  If you look carefully, you will notice that the tree is two colors.  I decided to use my Stampin' Up! markers for this card so I could define the trunk and the leaves.  But we will get to that in a moment.  My colors for this card are Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla and Basic Black.  The base card is Old Olive.  I then added a layer of Basic Black on top of it.  I cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant for the next layer.  Before attaching it, I watermarked it with a heart stamp using VersaMark ink.  This gave a nice heart border to the card.  I then took a piece of Very Vanilla and stamped the tree on one side.  I colored the trunk with the Olive marker and the hearts with the Eggplant one.  I repeated the use of these markers on the "Love" that is stamped as the greeting.  I then stamped little hearts in Eggplant to accent the tree and greeting.  I then repeated the layers, only smaller this time.  Start with Old Olive, then Basic Black and then Very Vanilla.  On the Vanilla piece, I stamped the definition of Valentine using Eggplant ink.  Voila!  A nice Valentine ready to give to a love one.

Well while this blog may be brief, I hope you enjoyed it.  I will return tomorrow with another card.  Will it be another Valentine?  Tune in tomorrow to find out.  Until then, thanks for dropping in and please come back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment