CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oval Shaped Card Tutorial

Hi everyone.  As promised, I have the tutorial on how to make the oval card for you today.  There are a lot of photos and it may seem long but hopefully it will help you.  So let's get started.



Start with a piece of card stock for your base card cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  You will score it at 4 1/4".  I used Tempting Turquoise as my color but use whatever color you want for your card.  As you can see in the photo I use the scoring tool on my paper trimmer to score my piece.


I folded my card on the score line and placed it onto my cutting plate.  I used a little painters tape to hold the card in place.  These corners are going to be cut off so I do not need to worry if the tape pulls on them.  I do this so that the card stays in place and closed for me to line up my framelit.  I have left a small area of the framelit off the fold of the card.


Here is a close up of the fold line.  As you can see an area of about 4 scallops are off the card.  This will leave an area intact for the card to function properly.  Run it through the big shot and then set the newly cut card aside.


Next take a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" of your base card card stock and run it through the big shot using the same framelit on it.  You want this one to be a whole oval so be sure all the edges are on the card stock.


The image on the left the is whole single layer oval while the image on the right is the base card.  You can see on the card the area that is flat where the card is intact.


Next open you card up and using a ruler measure from the fold line to the edge.  Find the middle of the card and put a small dot using a pencil so you can find it once the ruler is removed.


I then take the card still opened and place it on my paper trimmer once more.  I line my pencil dot up along the line where my scoring tool will run and score the card all the way across.


Here is another view of the card after the front is scored.


Now fold along that score line inwardly so that it causes the front to stand up.


Place runner adhesive along the area below the score line.


Now take the whole oval and being careful to line up the scallops, attach it to the front of the card.  The adhesive on the bottom half will hold the oval in place while the lack of adhesive on top will allow it to fold into the easel.


If you want to have your card as an elongated card, start with a base card cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".


Line the oval framelit up leaving some of the folded edge exposed.


Here you can see the exposed edge.  


Here is the whole oval on the left and the folded card on the right.  You can once again see the flattened edge where the card is still intact.


Again you will measure from the fold line to the edge of the card and mark it with a pencil dot.  Use your paper trimmer and score a line across the center of the card front.


The fold will fold inward to create the stand for the card.  


Attach the whole oval to the card by putting adhesive on the bottom half of the front of the card below the fold line.  Again be careful to line up the scallops so when the whole oval is attached to the card it looks like one piece and not an attachment.

Well there you have it.  It is really pretty simple to make.  I do hope you will give this a try.  Now I just need to decorate mine and they will be ready for someone special.  I will share these with you once they are completed.  

Please come back by tomorrow to see me.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment