CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Wedding

Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful 3-day weekend.  It is always nice to spend time with family and friends and I sure hope you had some time to do that this weekend.

Our niece's wedding was this past Saturday evening.  It was very beautiful.  She of course was gorgeous.  We were fortunate enough to have my husband's 2 sisters from California and their families come into town as well as his Dad and step-mom (who is really a 2nd mom).  It was so nice to see all of them and especially to see how much the children have grown.  They have all gotten so big!!  Everything seems to go very smoothly.  I hope the wedding was everything our niece was hoping it would be and more.

I wanted to share with you the card I made for her and her new husband for their special day.  I made sure to use their colors which were black, white, and poppy.  Boy did she choose a great year to decide to use the color poppy.  I remember when she first told me that was her color.  I had just learned that Poppy Parade was one of the new in-colors in the 2010-2011 catalog.  I was thrilled to be able to use it for her to make all her save the dates, invitations, and thank you cards.  Oh well, back to the wedding card.


Yes I used the stain glass technique to make the doves and heart for the focal point of the card.  Now if you look closely at the doves, you can see little poppy hearts.  That's because I stamped the white background with little hearts and then put the stain glass image over it.  I used the photo corner punch to make the corners for the acetate which allowed me to attach it with glue dots on the corners because the corners would hide them.  The corners were run through the big shot with the square lattice impressions folder to add texture.  

I wanted to keep the inside of the card rather simple so I used a couple of stamps to stamp the sentiment and added little flowers to it.  Little "diamond" gems adorn the flowers and the "d"'s in the word wedding.  This left plenty of room for us to sign the card.  Simple but elegant.
Well, I must admit that after the long weekend, I am tired.  Perhaps I can rest while I work.  Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment