CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One Fish Two Fish

I thought I would return to my punch art for today.  I had never worked very much with punches until a few years ago.  I pretty much just used them for whatever shape they were or whatever border they were.  I just did not think outside of the box.  Then I took a class from my upline, Diana Gibbs.  She is fabulous by the way.  It was a class all about punch art.  We put together a little book where we wrote in detail of the punches used to make designs, included samples of those punches, and actually made the designs.  Some of the items we made were a hamburger, a teacup, a rag doll face, a turtle, and so much more.  I think there were 23 in all.  Thus began my love of punches.

When the ornament punch first came out, I knew I wanted it.  I thought making Christmas gift tags with it would be so much fun.  Then as I started to play, I found it could be used as a vase, a face, or , my favorite, a fish.  I was not the only one who saw the fish potential but I was sure one who made lots of fish. 


They are just too cute.  I used the ornament punch for their bodies, the 5 petal flower punch to get their fins and tail, and the 1/2" inch and 1/4" circles for their eyes.  The sand is a piece of torn crumb cake doted to make sand.  As for the sea plants, that came from a sizzlit die for the Big Shot.The bubbles are also a 1/4" circle.  Now the 1/4" circle punch is no longer available, but the two step owl punch has some circles that would also work.  Their bodies are dotted with glue and then sprinkled with orange glitter.  Yes I had to work it is somehow.  The bubbles have a small amount of dazzling diamond glitter added to them too. All in all, this is a delightful card to send to someone special.  Use it for any occasion.

Tomorrow, I will share another fish card.  However, I will use a different punch to make my fish.  Want to know which one?  You will have to stop by tomorrow and see.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment