CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Triple Layer Blossom Punch

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, especially all you mom's out there.  I had a nice time with my girls.  Due to their work schedules, I celebrated with each of them seperately.  It was like having 2 Mother's Days in one.  Of course, I would have liked to have spent the day with both but since my youngest works in retail, you have to be willing to make adjustments.  I am one proud mom.  My girls are fabulous.  Yes they have had there moments over the years.  I mean all children go through times of growth and trying to find their way in life.  As with all moms, I had the times of wanting to pull my hair out, but the rewards of seeing them now, the young women they have become and the choices they have made in their own lives, I could not be happier.  Let's face it, there is no tougher job than being a mom.

I had the best mom in the universe.  I guess a lot of people feel that way about their mom.  For me, it is just a true statement.  I lost her 4 years ago to Alzheimer's.  She had been ill for several years.  It was my honor to be her full time care giver for the last 3 years of her life.  She was my best friend, my teacher, my spiritual guide, and my mom.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of her and miss her greatly.  She was a very religious person,  devoted to her faith in God.  She taught me who Jesus was and how a real Christian should act.  She always turned the other cheek.  Even when others treated her meanly or disrespectfully, she would treat them with kindness.  I cannot stand when people go around proclaiming their "Christian values" yet they do not treat others kindly, exclude others due to something that happened years ago, and harbor resentment.  That is not Christian.  I have had people who were not always nice to me in my life and still do.  Thanks to my mom, I learned that while I may not forget what others say and do, I can forgive, move on, and treat them nicely.  After all, ill feelings toward others only makes us age faster and holds us in place instead of moving us forward.  So thanks mom for all you taught me and helping me to be a better person today because of who you were ( and still are).

Okay off my soapbox now.  Here is a Mother's Day card I made this year for my husband's mom:


As you can see, I used the new triple layer punch to make the flowers.  I really do like these punches.  I used a stamp set called Bold Blossom.  It too is in the Summer Mini catalog.  The stem stamp and the little butterfly stamp are from this set.  Yes the butterfly is glittered.  I had to fit in glitter somehow.  The "wonderful mother" came from the set Well Scripted, which is retired.  On this inside I put a simple saying:


The saying is also from the Bold Blossom set.  The "happy mother's day" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I use this set all the time.  It fits nicely with a lot of the punches and has every saying I could possibly need.  Overall, a simple card but I really like the end result of it.  
Well on to more stamping now.  Thanks for dropping in and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment