CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Last Stain Glass For Awhile

Okay I promise this will be the last Stain Glass card I post for awhile (well at least a week or so).  This one turned out a lot better than I originally thought it would.  I never know what color to make birds.  I do not want to make them look boring but I also do not want them to look completely ridiculous either.  This bird is a parrot and I wanted him to have some personality.  Once again, my husband came to the rescue.  We were out shopping one day before Easter, picking up a few fun items for the holiday when we came across these little statues of parrots.  They were only $1 each and my husband just had to get a couple for his outdoor bar.  He loves to keep funny bird statues out there with him.  Using these as a guide, I remembered I had this stamp and decided to use it.


Isn't he a handsome fellow?  I mounted him on basic black to really make the colors pop.  I used glue dots, which I strategically placed to adhere him.  The black was then mounted onto a piece of Cajun Craze.  I used Always Artichoke ink to stamp a leaf onto the Always Artichoke card stock before mounting the bird onto it.  The leaf stamp came from a set called Build A Blossom.  I just liked the look of the whole enchilada!!

Here he is up close and personal.  I tried to use at least 3 to 4 colors on him.  I really like parrots with all their beautiful colors.  One of my favorite Mexican restaurants has  huge statues of these birds throughout it at each of its locations.  I also must confess on of my absolute favorite attractions at Disneyland is the Tiki Room.  What is not to love - singing birds and totem poles, rainstorms complete with thunder and lightning.   I love that place.  

I guess we have come to the end of another week.  I want to wish all you moms a very Happy Mother's Day.  Monday I will share the card I made for my mother in law.  Until then, have a great weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment