CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Love Is In The Air

Okay so I know it is not Valentine's Day, but shouldn't every day be filled with love?  I guess I was thinking about this today as I am getting ready to attend a wedding in a little over a week for our niece.  I know she is so excited and believe me I am excited for her too.  So I thought why not share one of the cards I have made in the past for Valentine's Day, an anniversary, or a wedding.


I first learned this technique watching a video on Dawn Griffith's blog.  It is the easiest card to make and of course the glitter makes it a keeper for me.  The little white hearts you see on the white part of the card are left over from being punched out of the white strip in the middle.  It took more than the 5 from the strip so of course I punched some other to go along with them.  I placed my red strip of card stock along the middle of my card.  Then before adhering the white strip with the punch out hearts, I put a piece of scotch tape over all the hearts on the backside so the sticky part would be face up once I adhered it down.  This makes glittering those little red hearts very easy.  All you do is shake the red glitter on the hearts and voila, the tape hold the glitter in place.  Simple.  I love simple things.    The red card stock enhances the color giving you nice, bright hearts.  Now the little white hearts I first adhered onto the card are glittered by using a two way glue pen and adding the dazzling diamond glitter onto them.  I do one side at a time so when I shake off the excess glitter I do not have it going over the red hearts.  Just want to keep the colors apart.  The other nice thing about this card is you can use the same technique using other colors of glitter and matching card stock and other shapes.  Versatility -- another favorite of mine.

Well it has been a good week so far.  Our oldest, Heather was in a car accident 2 months ago.  A guy ran the red light, hit her, and kept on going.  Luckily, she was not injured badly but her car has been in the shop for a few weeks.  I am happy to say she is now driving it once again.  Only weird thing is every time she starts her car the horn honks twice.  Maybe the car is just happy to be with its owner again.  I am just happy because it means I now have my car back at home too. 

I hope your week is going well too.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment