CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Embossed Card

Hello everyone.  I hope your Monday was a nice one.  I got to go to lunch with my youngest daughter as part of her Mother's Day present to me.  She had to work on Sunday so there was no time to get together.  We always have such a good time together.  I love it when she tells me I am silly because she is so much like me, I know she too will soon be as crazy as I am. 

One of the latest trends in card making is embossing the front of your card.  Now I know you are thinking well isn't that what you do with your impression folders?  And you would be right.  But this is a little different.  Instead of embossing a piece of card stock, you emboss it along with all the pieces on top of it.  Let me show you what I mean.


 The black piece of card stock might normally be the piece I would choose to emboss.  However, this time, I cut the scallop squares out with the Big Shot and adhered them to the black.  Then punched the
flowers out with the triple layer blossom punch and adhered them.  Last I punched out the little flower from the itty bitty punch set for the center of the larger flowers and adhered them down.   Then I ran the entire piece through my Big Shot using the square lattice folder.


Hopefully this close up allows you to see the impression made on the entire piece.  Now when you run this through, it will take a little muscle power since it is like putting 4 pieces of card stock through at once.  I do like the look of it.  It melds the pieces together as if they are one.  The oval with is saying is not embossed.  I added it after I adhered the black to the pear pizzazz.  It is raised up using a dimensional.  I have seen this technique used with other impression folders and with all kinds of shapes and designs on the front.  Give it a try.  It is a lot of fun.

Have a terrific rest of the day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment