CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

One Fish Two Fish

Welcome to November everyone!  I cannot believe it is here.  I am a big fan of the Thanksgiving season and love the family get togethers and meals that we always share.  It is also a time of reflection for all we have to be thankful for in our lives.

Now you would think I would share a Thanksgiving card with all of you on this Nov. 1st.  However, I am not going to do that today.  I have a really cute card with some fish on it that I want to share instead.  So let's get started.


I started with a base card of Night of Navy card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then took a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and chalked a background on it using my pastels.  I just wanted a light blue effect for the sky. It was then added to the white using runner adhesive.  Next I took a piece of Marina Mist cut at the same dimensions as the white and tore it into strips.  I layered these onto the sky to form the water using runner adhesive.  Once attached, I took out a light blue glitter glue that was similar in color to the marina card stock.  I added it to the top of the waves and then spread it out using a paint brush. You will need to let this dry completely ( I did it over night) before going to the next step.


The greeting for this card is from the stamp set called Curly Cute.  I stamped it directly onto the card stock in the sky area using Night of Navy ink.  Don't ask me why I like this set so much but I do!!!


Finally it was time to add some creatures to the water.  I was going to make a dolphin for this card using punches but was having the hardest time getting his head to look right.  So instead of frustrating myself, I went with fish instead.  I started to get out punches when my Cricut cartridge called Life's A Beach caught my eye.  I pulled it out and looked through the sea life it has on it.  When I found these cute little fish, I knew I wanted to add them to the card.

I pulled out Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango and Gumball Green card stock.  I used the Life's A Beach cartridge and my Cricut machine to cut out the fish in each of the colors.  I also cut out the layers that could go onto the fish in each color.  I attached the layers to the fish and then attached them to the card using runner adhesive.  I tucked them underneath the waves just a touch so they kind of look like they are jumping.  Once they were securely on, I added a blue glitter glue to the eyes and some orange, yellow and green glitter glues to the fish.  After all they need to sparkle just like the water.  


For my inside greeting I used a stamp set I got during Sale-A-Bration 2012.  It is called Outlined Occasions.  I stamped the main word "celebrate" and the smaller phrase onto Whisper White card stock using StazOn ink.  I then chose colored pencils that matched the colors of my fish and colored in the letters.  Once completed, I cut it out free hand and attached it inside the card with runner adhesive.

Well, I am finished for today.  I hope you enjoyed my little fish.  I will return tomorrow with another card to share with you.  I do hope you will stop by to see it.  Thanks for spending a little time with me today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment