I really did not know what I wanted to make to share with you today but I had an itch to work with punches. Somehow I ended up with my favorite punch - the owl builder punch. Now I did not know what I was going to do with this but I knew I wanted to work with it. Well wouldn't you know I happened to look up and see my hubby's shelf with his Looney Toon superheroes on it and that was it. I decided I would do super hero owls!! It took me a while to make these so they are not on a card yet. I was so excited I wanted to share these will you right away. I will show the card once I have it. So let's get started shall we.
Well here they are: Spiderman Owl, Batman Owl, Hulk Owl, and Superman Owl. Now please keep in mind that this was my first attempt to make these so I know there is probably room for improvement. I did think about adding a Wonder Woman Owl but my silly bursitis in my right elbow flared up and I had to stop for the day. Maybe in the future I will add her. Let's take a closer look at each one shall we.
I used Real Red and Pacific Point card stock for Spiderman. Of course his eyes are Basic Black and Whisper White. I drew the spider on myself as well as the web lines on his uniform.
Batman was made using Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, and Basic Gray card stock. I punched the eyes using the 1/8" circle punch. I needed to trim out the little bits from the eyes so they would be more oval. I drew the lines on the belt and drew the bat by hand onto white. It was then cut out to be attached. I cut the mask down from a full owl to just the mask.
Basic Black, Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Gumball Green card stock for the Hulk. His hair was cut freehand. White gel was added to the eyes.
Finally here is Superman. Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point card stock for him. His emblem was made by hand and the lines on the belt were drawn by hands. White gel was added to his eyes too. I made sure I gave him hair too and he had to have his cape.
For a first attempt, I am pleased with how these turned out. I think they are rather cute. All the pieces were adhered together using a 2 way glue pen. I think it took more time to decided how to make certain pieces for the uniforms than to actually put them together. My hope is to get these guys on a card for you to see tomorrow. Maybe if inspiration strikes and my bursitis settles down, I will try a Wonder Woman. No promises though.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. Please come back to visit tomorrow and thanks so much for dropping by for a visit today. Have a wonderful day!!!!