Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at:
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Another Gown for the Ball

It's a brand new week!!  Welcome to Monday.  I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.  I spent mine working on cards, cleaning, going to work with my sister, and seeing family.  It was busy and it was full but it was fun. 

Last week I decided to make Belle's ball gown from Beauty and the Beast using punches.  I received a very nice email about how wonderful it looked.  The author of that email also expressed how they hoped I would try Snow White's dress.  Well, I did!!!!  I used the one Michelle Suit made as a guide but really went by my own judgement as to how to make it.  Ready to see it?  Here we go!!

Ta da!!!!!  I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Pacific Point measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I chose a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock.  I ran this through my big shot using the elegant bouquet impression folder.  I sponged the edges of this with Daffodil Delight ink and lightly sponged over the raised impression with the same ink.  This added just a hint of color to the background.  I attached the piece to the card using runner adhesive and finished the look with light blue rhinestones in the center of a few flowers.

My greeting comes from a Sale-a-bration stamp set called Pretty Petites.  This was stamped using Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then punched it out using the Petite Curly Label punch and attached it to the card using a dimensional.  

Now let's focus on the top portion of the dress.  The colors used for this portion are Whisper White, Pacific Point, Real Red, Bashful Blue and Daffodil Delight.  Here is a list of the pieces and punches or big shot items used to make them:

Collar - 1 3/4" circle; I really used a lot of trial and error for this one.  I folded in each side to make it look as if it comes all the way around the back of the dress to the front.  

Bodice - Dress Up Framelits and big shot;  once again I used the sundress and cut the straps off

Sleeves - the blue portion is a 3/4" circle while the yellow that sticks out under it is a 1/2" circle which I flattened on one side.  The red tear drop shapes are from a retired triple layer punch that I have.  I think you could make these even from a circle.  You would just have to trim it and be patient.  I think there is also a hand punch I have seen at craft stores that would punch this shape.

I added red rhinestones to the center of the bodice.  The bodice was also edged using a sponge and Pacific Point ink.

Now the bottom portion.  I used Daffodil Delight and Whisper White for the dress.  The stand is cut using the Dress Up framelits set out of Basic Gray card stock.  Now onto the dress.

I used the large scallop circle punch for the white.  I placed pieces behind the Daffodil.  The very back of the skirt and the open sides are the 3rd smallest oval from the Oval Collection of framelits.  The back one is placed sideways.  The side panels were made by cutting an oval in half and attaching one half to the back oval of the dress.  The center of the gown is a 2 1/2" circle.  I attached the other halves of the ovals to the circle and then attached the circle to the bottom oval with dimensionals.  All pieces of the skirt were sponged with Daffodil Delight ink.  Trim the skirt to round the top.  The bodice is attached to the bottom oval with runner adhesive prior to attaching the circle top piece.  I added 3 blue rhinestones for added bling.

All pieces of the dress were adhered together using runner adhesive and liquid glue, except the circle of the skirt which was attached to the bottom oval with the dimensionals.   The finished dress was attached to the dress stand with runner adhesive.  You will need to cut the stand down a bit.  The finished piece is attached to the card with dimensionals. 

I hope you enjoyed this gown as much as Belle's.  Both of my girls will expect to see some other gowns designed soon as I have not yet done their favorite princesses. 

That's it for today.  I hope you have a wonderful Monday.  Thanks for stopping by and I will see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment