CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Dress Fit For A Ball

Happy Thursday everyone!!!  I do hope you are all doing well.  I am still a little sore for my long walk home on Tuesday but I am sure I will be fine.  After all I need to be ready to play with Jackson tomorrow!!!

On Tuesday I share with you some beautiful punch art princess dresses made by Michelle Suit.  They truly inspired me to want to give some of these gorgeous dresses a try.  Now at the time I was not sure which one I would try first but that decision turned out to be an easy one.  Since she provides the tutorials for sale, I just went off the photo and took a guess as to what punches and big shot accessories to use for mine.  So while this was inspired by her, I did create it on my own.  Anyway let me show you the one I chose to do first.


I chose to start with Belle's ball gown from Beauty and the Beast.  She is my favorite out of all the princesses.  I chose a base card of Melon Mambo measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White that I had put through the big shot using the vintage wallpaper impression folder.  I attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  I added the pink rhinestones to the background once all the other components were firmly attached onto the card.


The greeting is from a Sale-a-bration stamp set called Bloomin' Marvelous (no longer available for order).  I stamped it using Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the large oval punch.  I layered it using runner adhesive onto a scallop oval punched from Melon Mambo.  I added a pink rhinestone to it and adhered it to the card using dimensionals.


The butterfly is part of the same stamp set as the greeting.  I stamped it using the Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White and punched it out with the small butterfly punch.  I attached it to the card using a glue dot and bent the wings slightly upward.  I added 3 small pearls to the center as the body.



Finally we arrive at the gown.  I started by cutting out a dress form from Basic Gray using my big shot and the dress up framelits collection.  For the gown itself, I used Daffodil Delight card stock.  As I cut out and punched punched out the pieces that would make the gown, I sponged the edges of each one with Daffodil Delight ink in order to add some depth.  The bodice of the gown is from the dress up framelits.  I used the dress that has the straps over the shoulder for this.  I cut off the straps to get the piece strapless.  It is adhered to the dress form with runner adhesive.  I then punched out 2 of the smallest petals from the blossom builder punch for the shoulder pieces of the dress. They are attached using runner adhesive.   I added 3 small pearls where these petals meet to complete the top half.  


Now for the bottom portion of the gown.  This gown is really made up of lots of ovals.  The white ruffle you see at the bottom of the gown is a scallop circle cut from Whisper White using the big shot.  I trimmed off the excess of the circle.  Next, I went back to my Daffodil Delight card stock.  I cut out 3 of the third smallest ovals from the oval collections framelits.  I then punched out 6 wide ovals and 2 of the small wide petals from the blossom builder punch.  Right at the center of the dress, I wanted a little curve to add to the dress so I punched out a small oval and set it aside.  I then repunched the small oval just offset from the small oval hole twice.  I trimmed these down just a bit.  Remember to sponge all the pieces with Daffodil Delight ink prior to building the gown.  I started by layering the 3 larger ovals from the framelits collection at the bottom of the dress.  I then layered the wide ovals going up each side and trimmed off any excess that hung over.  I placed the small ovals pieces at the top and added the petals to the sides.  All pieces were adhered using runner adhesive.  I attached the bottom portion of the gown to the dress form using the same runner adhesive.  I added 3 large pearls to the center where the ovals meet to complete the look.  

This dress really came together fairly easily.   If you look at the one Michelle made and at mine, you will definitely see similarities and differences but I think both are beautiful. 

I hope you enjoyed my version of the gown.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for all of you to see.  Thanks for dropping in to see me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment