CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Floating Dress???????

Hi everyone and welcome to another Monday.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I am saddened to say that while our weekend started out well, it all changed in the blink of an eye.  The Phoenix Fire Department lost one of its own early Sunday morning.  There was an accident involving fire apparatus while they were fighting a fire late Saturday afternoon.  The 23 year old firefighter became pinned between 2 vehicles and succumbed to his injuries around 1:30 Sunday morning.  On the heels of that, a 29 year old Phoenix police officer was hit by a car early Sunday morning and also passed away from his injuries.  The driver of the car fled the scene and we can only hope they do the right thing and turn themselves in.  We are praying for all of these families.  Being the wife of a firefighter I can tell you that my heart is broken for the widows and families of these heroes.  All fire and police departments work closely together and we truly are a family.  It is a reminder to us all to never sweat the small stuff, let the past go, and be sure to tell those around you how much they mean to you.  We never know when our time will end here.

I so appreciate your understanding about my blog last week.  After all that happened this weekend I am reminded that the time I spend with my hubby is so precious.  I got to some quality time with my hubby and I am so grateful for the time.  It just seems that we get so busy and worn out that we miss little opportunities to spend time with the ones who are most important to us and yet in an instant things change and people pass on.  I need to be sure to prioritize my time and put hubby and my girls at the top where they belong.  

Hubby went back to work last Friday and I spent the day with the other little man in my life, Jackson.  He is so much fun.  He is crawling all around and loves to play.  It saddens me that next week will be my last Friday with him as mommy is a teacher and school will be out for summer.  I hope that I get to keep him some over the summer too.  I will truly miss him.

I spent some time catching up on email and pinterest over the weekend.  I came upon an interesting card on pinterest and was immediately inspired to try it.  Now I am going to show you my card first and then will share the link to a video by Karen Burnstein which will teach you how to make this.


I started with a base card of Regal Rose I cut to be 5" x 11".  I ran this through my big shot using my pop n' cuts die for just the card.  It makes it be 4 1/4" x 11".  I then scored it at 5 1/2".  I stamped the front with an image from the Reason to Smile stamp set using VersaMark ink.  Now it is really light and too hard to see even in person so I would used Regal Rose next time and do tone on tone instead.  Anyway, I used the labels framelits collection to cut out  a label on the front of the card.   Prior to removing the label, I added adhesive to the back of it and adhered it to the inside of the card.  I then cut out the same size label along with the next size up from Very Vanilla card stock so I could make a frame for the front opening.  I made 2 of these.  The other one is on the inside.  I added the pink rhinestones to finish off the front look and headed to the inside.


Here is the inside.  You can actually see my VersaMarked flowers from the front of the card on this piece.   Remember this piece is from the front.  You can see the second frame I have adhered around the label with runner adhesive. I stamped the same flower image one more time onto Very Vanilla card stock using Red Rose ink.  I colored the center of the flower in with the same ink and punched it out using the scallop punch.  I then sponged the edges with the same ink and adhered it to the inside label with runner adhesive.   I added dots to the frame with the Red Rose marker.  I added the greeting using the Red Rose ink and the All Dressed Up stamp set. 


To fill the opening on the front left  by the label removal,  I made this cute little floating dress.  This is a view of it from the inside of the card.  You can see how it hangs when the card is open.


This is a view from the top of the card.  You can get an idea of the dress better from this viewpoint.  To make the floating dress I used a designer card stock I picked up last week.  You will be cutting 2 strips at 2 1/2" x 12".  You will adhere these pieces together back to back so that the same pattern is then on both sides.  Using the Dress Up framelits, you will cut out 3 of the sun dresses.  

Now I could go on trying to explain how you cut the slots and notches and intertwine them together but the video Karen did is wonderful and will actually go through the entire card (different color and stamps used) from start to finish.  So click here to see the video.  Let me know if you have questions.

I am going to try more of these cards.  I have ideas running through my head and hope that some of them work.   I will just have to try them to find out. 

Again thanks for your understanding about last week.   I plan to see you all tomorrow.  If there are days that I miss a post it would only be to spend time with my family.  I now have to help my hubby through this rough time as we prepare to attend funerals honoring each of these fallen heroes.  Thanks for all your understanding and for stopping by today to see me.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment