CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Going Simple Again

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday.  Well the nice UPS man came and delivered my new SU! items.  I have not yet taken time to really go through them so I cannot wait to get into them today.  I think that for tomorrow's blog, I will share some the new items with you.

Our week started with the loss of 2 public safety officers - 1 firefighter and 1 police officer.  I wish I could say the week has leveled out and things were at least calm right now.  However, my aunt called the other day to tell us that my uncle is in the hospital.  We are still waiting for test results to find out exactly what is going on but his blood pressure was so elevated from the pain he was in that they actually were afraid he was going to have a stroke.  We are praying for him and hope his hospital stay will not be a long one.

With everything going on, I decided to keep today's card simple.  I went back to basics in order to keep myself calm.  So let's get started.


As you can see, I really did keep it simple.  I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Whisper White measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I sponged the edges of this piece with Daffodil Delight ink and attached it to the base with runner adhesive.  For the top layer I used a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Daffodil Delight.  I ran this through the big shot using the Elegant Lines impression folder.


Here is a closer shot of the Elegant Lines impression folder design.  When I run this one through the big shot I do it a little different than other folder.  I use the base platform (no tab on this one) instead of tab 1 on the platform.  I place a shim on the the bottom cutting pad and then the folder with the card stock in it and finally the top cutting pad.  When I run this folder through on the tab 1 like all the others it tends to cut through the card stock.  I found by doing it this way, it does just the impression and leaves the card stock intact.  I added little pearls into all the open circle areas for added glitz.  


For my butterfly, I started by punching it out of Whisper White card stock using the Elegant Butterfly punch.  I added a line of liquid glue to the center of the body and put green glitter onto it.  Next, using a 2 way glue pen, I added some white glitter all over the wings.  For the final accent I added 3 dots to each wing of liquid glue and put yellow glitter onto the dots.  I attached the butterfly to the card using a glue dot.


I must have taken a photo of the greeting at least 3 times and every time it came out blurry.  So I do apologize for that.  I chose the greeting from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I stamped it using Daffodil Delight ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then stamped a small butterfly under the greeting using a stamp from the set Fitting Occasion using the same ink.  I punched this out with the 1" circle punch.  I layered it onto a 1 1/4" Daffodil Delight circle with runner adhesive.  I then layered this onto a 1 3/8" circle of Whisper White.  Prior to layering the circles onto this one, I added some Dazzling Diamond glitter tot he edges with a 2 way glue pen.  For the final touch I used added a yellow rhinestone and then attached the greeting to the card using a dimensional.  

Well that's it for today.  I will be back tomorrow to share some of my new stuff with you.  I hope you stop by to see it.  Thanks for dropping by today to visit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment