Yes even Frankenstein and his Bride trick or treat on Halloween. Aren't these guys just too cute?! I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using my runner adhesive. For the top layer, I took a piece of Whisper White and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4". Next I decided to use one of my Stampin' Up! jumbo wheels called Haunting Hill. It is retired but I still love it. I inked it with Basic Black ink and rolled it across my white card stock. I used my colored pencils to color this background with and highlighted the bat over the moon with a black marker. I wanted the background to be spooky but fun too. I attached this to the other layers with the runner adhesive.
Here is a close up of my Frankenstein. Let me show you his bride and then tell you how I made them.
Isn't she lovely? Let's start with their buckets. I made these using the small oval punch. You punch 3 for each one out of Pumpkin Pie card stock and layer them - 2 for the bottom and 1 on the top in the middle. I added some orange stickles glitter glue to each one. For the handles, I punched out a retired small oval (the old punch) and punched around the hole with the large oval. I cut the resulting ring in half and attached it to the buckets. For the candy you see inside, I used a stamp I picked up years ago at a craft store. I stamped the image onto Whisper White, colored the candies with Stampin' Up! markers and cut them out. They are attached to the buckets using a liquid glue which is how I assembled all the bucket parts too.
My color scheme for Frankenstein and his Bride is very similar. I used Always Artichoke for his pants and her dress, Gumball Green for the bodies and Basic Black for their shoes, hair and her necklace. His shirt is Chocolate Chip and her shawl is Bravo Burgundy. I added glitter glue to various areas for enhancement. To make all of the parts, I used my Cricut Machine and the cartridge called Paper Doll Dress Up. If you have a Cricut this is a cartridge you should get. I love it. I will be using it to create more cards in the near future. I assembled all the pieces of each one with a liquid glue. I even attached the buckets to their hands with a little of it too. The finished people and buckets were attached to the card using dimensionals.
I know this is a short post. I seemed to run short on time to sit down and type this today. I hope you like my creature card and please come back tomorrow for another fun card to see. Until then, thanks for stopping by today. See you later!!!