Yesterday, I shared a cute little dinosaur with you. I showed him to my daughter and she really liked most of him. Notice I said most not all. She did not like the round head. She felt I should have made it with an oval instead. I must say that after sitting and looking at him and placing an oval over the circle, I have to agree with her. So I knew this would be a change I would make on my next one. I also must tell you that when I looked at him with an oval head, I immediately thought of a famous dinosaur that I love - Dino from the Flintstones. Since I have made a Wilma and Fred as well as Betty and Barney, I thought why not give Dino a try. Please keep in mind this is my first attempt and there will be some flaws. Overall though I think he is pretty good.
I started with a base card of Rose Red cut at 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2". I added a layer of Basic Black on top of that cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and attached it with runner adhesive. For my top layer, I started with a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4". I took out my pastels and chalked a sky background on it. Next I cut a strip of Garden Green to be 1 1/2" x 5 1/4" and attached it to the sky with runner adhesive. I then cut a piece of Whisper White 1" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my big shot using a Mosaic impression folder. I wanted it to have the look of stones and this folder was the closest I could get. I added some gray chalk to it also. I attached it to the grass and sky using runner adhesive. For the house, I used my big shot and the retired ovals die. I cut out the largest oval on that die and flattened one side for the base of the house. I cut this out of Whisper White and then chalked it with a gray pastel. I drew the window, door and spots on using my Stampin' Up! markers. For the stone pathway, I punched out 1/2" circles and itty bitty punch pack circles and trimmed them. They also have a little gray chalk on them and the dots were added with the markers. The house and stone pathway were attached to the card using a liquid glue.
The greeting comes from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and was cut out using my big shot and the Bitty Banners framelits set. I started by inking my stamp with VersaMark ink and then added Rose Red ink on the stamp too. Then I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock. By having the VersaMark ink to the stamp, it allows me to add a clear embossing powder to this and heat emboss it. Once it was embossed and cooled, I cut it out with the framelits set and attached it to the card using dimensionals.
Now for the star of the card. The card stock colors I used for Dino are Rose Red, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard and Whisper White. Here is a list of the punches I used for him:
Body - 2 1/2" circle trimmed to what I wanted
Neck/Tail - re punch the 2 1/2" circle offset from the body hole twice for these
Arms - retired photo corner punch; use the smaller of the corners and punch one out and re punch it a little offset twice
Legs - large oval cut in half and trimmed
Hands - feet of the owl from the owl builder punch
Feet - boho blossom punch
Head/Muzzle - large oval punch; for the muzzle you punch it out and then trim it to the size you want
Nostrils - owl builder punch; use the smallest circles
Eyes - small heart from the retired heart to heart punch
Spots - 1/2" circle and circle from itty bitty punch pack trimmed to the shape I wanted
Tag - 1/4" circle
The collar is a scrap of turquoise and the hair are leftover scraps from when I trimmed the spots down. I added some Blushing Bride marker around the nostrils and used it to draw the smile on. I added white gel to the eyes and some Rose Red marker to the legs. The muzzle of the face looks bumpy because silly me forgot to attach the eyes before attaching the muzzle. Of course this meant that I had to pry up the edge of the muzzle to get the eyes under it. Silly me. I also added Crystal Effects to the spots and the tag. I love the puffy, shiny look!! I think next time I will outline some of the body parts with black marker just to highlight them. Thepieces of Dino are adhered together using liquid glue and the completed Dino is attached to the card using dimensionals.
I am so glad you took time to stop by today. I wish all of you a wonderful weekend. Please come back Monday and see what I come up with next. Until then, keep stamping and creating!!