CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

More of that Holiday Spirit

Happy Monday everyone!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Hopefully you found some time to relax and just enjoy life.  Now it is back to work (even housework counts) and time for another of my creations!!!

I carried the holiday spirit into the weekend and stuck with my Christmas theme that I started last Thursday.  I wanted to bring back a couple of familiar faces for you to see.  So without wasting another minute, let's get started.


They're back!!!!!  Red and Yellow are here to brighten your holiday.  I started this card with a Garden Green base measuring 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  For my first and only layer, I chose to use Cherry Cobbler.  I love the deep red of this one.  I cut it to me 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I then used my score pal to make my brick lines on the piece.  I wanted it to look like a wall and this really helps to obtain that effect.  I added a strip of Basic Gray at the top for the edge of the wall and then added a strip of Whisper White to that for snow.  Of course snow glitters so I used my glue pen and Dazzling Diamond glitter to enhance the look.  I tore 2 pieces of Whisper White to make the snow on the ground and glittered the edges of then for sparkle.  All of these layers and pieces were attached using runner adhesive.  I added Stickles glitter glue dots and icicles to the card front also.

For the sleigh, I happen to have a sleigh template.  I used it to cut the sleigh out of Garden Green and the runner out of Brushed Silver.  I attached the runner directly to the snow with the runner adhesive.  For the sleigh, I wanted to decorate it a little bit so I used a retired Sizzlit die called Swirls Scribbles.  I cut them out of Brushed Gold, cut them and placed them onto the sleigh using liquid glue.  I attached the M & M's to it using liquid glue also.  Once they were secured, I placed it on the card with dimensionals.


For Red, I used Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White card stock to make him.  I punched his body with the 1 3/4" circle.  The white of the eyes and the eyelids are the 1/2" circle while the black of the eyes are the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  I drew the mouth on for him and added white gel pen to the eyes.  The "m" was cut using the retired Billboard Sizzlit Decorative strip.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to it before attaching it to him.  The brim of the hat is the scallop oval with glitter.  The red of the had comes from the blossom builder punch.  I added a white pom pom ball to the tip of the hat.  I used liquid glue to attach all pieces together and to attach him to the sleigh.


Yellow does not look too happy to be the reindeer but I think it looks good on him.  The colors of card stock used to make him are Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Blushing Bride, Early Espresso and Glimmer Red.  The antlers are from the retired snowflake punch with some brown glitter glue added to them for shimmer.  The body is the wide oval punch.  The eyes are just like Red's and used the 1/2" circle and the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  Again, I drew his mouth and added white gel pen to the eyes.  The nose is a 1/4" circle and the "m" is made the same as Red's.  For his arms and legs, I used the word window punch punched along the edge of the card stock.  The shoes are the retired heart to heart punch.  I used the wide heart and trimmed the tops off.  I added the retired horizontal slot punch for the tops of the shoes and black marker was added for the laces.  The hands are from the boho blossom punch.  All pieces were assembles using liquid glue and he was attached to the sleigh using the same glue.  

These guys make me smile every time I see them and even when I make them.  I hope they make you smile too.  That is a wonderful way to start the week.  

I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Please come back and see me again.  Have a wonderful day and do something creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment