CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Poor Little Penguin

Happy Monday everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I spent part of mine working on ideas for my Christmas cards!  Yes it is once again time to plan and start working on those.  I have to admit, I have not sent many out in the last 2 years.  When my brother passed away, I kind of gave up on everything for a while.  It has taken me until this year to feel really motivated to make and celebrate anything to do with the holidays.  But before I could work on any ideas, I had to make a get well card for my husband's charity he is in charge of so I wanted to share it with you.


I started with a base card of Elegant Eggplant cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White which was cut to be the length of the card and trimmed one edge with the retired eyelet border punch.  I then added a layer of a designer series paper I picked up at a craft store making it once again the length of the card and edging it with the retired eyelet border punch.  The layers were all attached to the base using a runner adhesive.  


For the focal point of the card front, I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 2 1/2" x 3 3/4".  I pulled out a Stampin' Up! stamp set which is from years ago and therefore is retired to use for this one.  I do not know the name of this set as it was given to me used and the name was not on it.  I just call it my get well penguin set.  I stamped the saying using Basic Black ink onto the top part of the card stock and then stamped the penguin using StazOn ink on the bottom half.  I used the StazOn because I wanted to water color my penguin and needed an ink that dried quickly and would not smear.  I pulled out Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Elegant Eggplant, Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise ink pads.  Using my blender pens, I colored in the areas of the design I wanted to add a little color too.  Once this was completed and dry, I edged the white with the eggplant ink and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.


For the inside, I stuck with the same stamp set.  I started by stamping the saying in Basic Black on Whisper White card stock, cut it down to a size I liked and adhered it using runner adhesive.  Next I stamped the band-aid using the retired Creamy Caramel ink onto retired Creamy Caramel card stock.  I cut the band-aid out and used my Real Red marker to color in the heart.  You can use the Crumb Cake card stock and ink for this.  It works well too.

Well that is all for today.  I am off to ponder Christmas cards once again.  I promise to share some of my ideas with you along my journey and to keep making other cards as well.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment