CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Royal Paper Dolls

Well we have made it to the middle of another week.  I think an appropriate name for this day is Wacky Wednesday because I always feel at my wits end by today.  I am usually ready to slow down and just relax but no such luck.  It would be wonderful if we could all live in fairy tales and our homes would always be clean and meals would be prepared.  We would never have to do dishes or wash clothes. We would all be the perfect size and have lovely hair.  Doesn't that sound wonderful.  It does to me.  However, last time I checked my life was not a fairy tale so today's card lends itself to my fantasy.  It is the perfect fairy tale card. Let's get started on this one.


This card was started with a base of Marina Mist cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Midnight Muse measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  By now I bet you could tell me all about the top layer but just in case there happens to be someone who does not know, I will tell you about it myself.  It begins with a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I took out my pastels (chalks) and created the sky background on the card.  I then added a strip of Garden Green I had torn to the bottom of the sky to make the grass.  I attached the sky to the Midnight Muse and the Midnight Muse to the Marina Mist using runner adhesive.  

The final piece of the background it the castle.  It was cut out of Whisper White card stock using my Cricut machine and the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  Once it was cut, I added some Stickles glitter glue to different areas.  A magenta was added to the flags of the castle towers, yellow to the windows, brown to the door and silver to the pillars.  I allowed this to dry completely.  Once dry I attached this one using glue dots to the card.  


Now I had a choice to make a prince or a knight for this one.  I chose the knight because what girl does not want her knight in shining armor to come sweep her off her feet?  All of the pieces for the knight were cut out using the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge and Cricut machine.  I chose Brushed Silver for the suit of armor including helmet and for the sword.  I cut out the hilt of the sword again in Brushed Gold so I could layer it onto the sword defining the handle.  The body is the retired Blushing Bride card stock and his hair is Daffodil Delight.  All pieces are attached together using liquid glue.   I added the face using Stampin' Up! markers.  I also added Dazzling Diamond glitter glue to the suit and helmet to accentuate the details.  I then added gold Stickles to the sword hilt to add pizazz to it.  Once the pieces were dry, I attached the finished sword and knight to the card using dimensionals.  


Here is our princess.  I think she is lovely.  Again I used the same paper doll cartridge and my Cricut to make her.  Her body is the retired Blushing Bride.  For her hair, I chose to used Early Espresso card stock.  Her gown is Pink Pirouette while her shoes, crown and scepter are Brushed Gold.  Once I had all the pieces, I attached them together with my liquid glue. I added the face with Stampin' Up! markers.  Next came the embellishing of the pieces - my favorite part.  I added a pink Stickles glue to the dress creating my own design as I went and added some gold Stickles to the crown.  I allowed this to dry.  Once dry, I added pink rhinestones to the prongs of the crown and the scepter.  I then added a square "diamond" rhinestone to the scepter.  Once all the embellishments were on, I attached the scepter and princess to the card using dimensionals.  

I have had a lot of fun playing with this cartridge.  I am going to try to tear myself away from it and do something else for tomorrow and Friday.  However if the pull of the Cricut is too strong, I may have to play some more.  Again this is a wonderful one to work with children with.  They love to make all the elements and put them all together.  They even like embellishing them.  These cards can be used for whatever occasion you would like to use them for.  

I encourage you to do something fun today.  Make sure to have time to laugh.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you later!!



No comments:

Post a Comment