CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Character

I am a huge cartoon fan.  I love to watch all the old ones like The Jetsons and The Flintstones and Scooby Doo.  I do not watch a lot of the modern day ones mainly because I do not enjoy the violence and grossness of them.  I just think cartoon makers have gone too far.  There are not many that are introduced today that I would want my kids to watch. 

 However, every now and then a pretty decent one does come on the air and I find myself watching it.  A few years ago, my kids and I use to watch Kim Possible.  The girls loved her.  Then another Disney cartoon came on the scene and it is one I really enjoy.  What's its name you ask?  Why, it's Phineas and Ferb.  I love this cartoon.  So it is no surprise that I found myself watching it the other day.  They had 4 in a row on after all.  When I finally pulled myself away, I wandered into my craft room to try and decide what I wanted to create.  As I was looking at my punches, one of them caught my eye and all of a sudden I knew what punch art character I was going to make.  Ready to see who I chose to do?  Let's get started.


It's Phineas!!  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  I started with a base card of Garden Green cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Night of Navy cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  For the final layer, I chose Whisper White and cut it to be 3 3/4" x 5".  I added 1" and 3/4" circles punched from the Night of Navy and Garden Green.  I adhered them to the white using my runner adhesive and then ran the piece through my big shot using the Argyle impression folder.  I attached all the layers together using a runner adhesive.  


Now let's talk about Phineas.  I made him based on a sticker I happen to have of him.  He is my own design so I hope you like it.  For his head, I used the pennant punch and Blushing Bride card stock (retired).    I drew the mouth onto his face and cut out the parts I wanted cut out.  I cut out the teeth so that I could add a small piece of white for them.  I colored in the tongue with a dark pink and the inside of the mouth with my Real Red Market.  For his hair, I took a scrap piece of Real Red card stock and punched out a small oval.  Then I just free hand cut the hair until I thought it looked pretty good.  I attached it to the head using liquid glue and add the freckles with my Crumb Cake marker.  His eyes were made with 2 punches.  First I used the owl builder punch for the whites.  Then I used my hand held 1/8" circle punch for the black part.  One eye is glued on the front of the face while the other one attaches to the back.  I added white gel pen to the eyes.  By the way, all of the pieces to him were attached together using a liquid glue so if I forget to mention that you will know.  

For the arms, I used my word window punch and Blushing Bride card stock (retired).  Now you can punch a word window and then cut it in half for the arms but I chose to simply punch the window along the edge only cutting a half at a time.   His neck is also a half of a word window punch.  Then I used the scalloped flower from the boho blossom punch for his hands.  The sleeves to the shirt are the ends of a word window punched out of So Saffron card stock.  The shirt is a large oval out of So Saffron trimmed to fit.  I added the stripes myself using my Tangerine Tango marker.  


His shorts are the vest from the owl builder punch in Night of Navy blue.  I cut off the widest end of the vest and trimmed the corners in so it would fit behind the shirt.  The legs were made the same way as the arms using the word window punch.  I also punched a piece of Night of Navy with it to make the socks.  For the shoes, I used a new punch from the 2012-2013 catalog.  It is from the Little Labels punch pack.  I used the one that resembles the decorative label punch.  I punched 2 in Night of Navy and 3 in Whisper White.  I layered the navy on top of the white leaving a bit of white showing at the bottom of each.  I took the 3rd white one and cut each end off to use for the toes of the shoes.  I trimmed the bottoms of the white and navy flat prior to attaching them.  The point on top was trimmed off and the heels were rounded.  I then added a little white get pen to the shoes for laces.   The completed Phineas was attached to the card using dimensionals.  

The greeting comes from the retired stamp set called King of the Grill.  I stamped it using Night of Navy ink onto Whisper White. It was punched out with the small oval punch.   I edged half of it with Night of Navy ink and the other half with Garden Green ink.  I then punched a large oval out of Garden Green and Night of Navy.  I cut the navy one in half and attached just one half to the green.  I ran this through the big shot using my Perfect Polka Dots impression folder.  I attached the small oval to the depressed dots side (instead of the raised that I usually do) using my runner adhesive.  The entire greeting was attached to the card using dimensionals.  

Well that's it for today.  Since tomorrow is the 4th of July and so many of you may have the day off, I have decided to take the day off too.  I am going to spend it with my family and hopefully have some yummy food and see some fireworks.  Be safe tomorrow.  

I will return on Thursday with another card to share.  Until then, thanks for stopping by and have a terrific July 4th!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment