CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Halloween Ballerina

So yesterday I mentioned that I worked on a few ideas for my holiday cards this year.  Well I always start with Halloween when I approach the holidays.  It is my husband's favorite holiday and we decorate a lot for it.  He would be very disappointed if I skipped it in my card making.  Besides, I like to send cards to all the kids in the family.  They get a kick out of them and I love to make them.

I started with a couple of basic cards this time.  The one I will be sharing with you today is not the one I had planned to make.  I had pulled out my paper and punches to get started and then I looked at my punch sample board.  I happened to see my little ballerina dress which I did last year for Halloween.  I thought, why not make another one of those but include a body in it this year.  So that is just what I did .  Ready to see it?  Here we go!


I used a set of designer series paper from last years catalog for this one.  While the dsp is retired, the card stock colors are not.  I started with a base card of Cajun Craze cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a piece of designer paper that is gray in color with those cute spider webs on it.  I cut this to be 4 1/8"   x 5 3/8".  I then put a piece of Basic Black grosgrain ribbon (retired) across the top and bottom of the card. It was then attached to the base using a runner adhesive.  I chose not to use more than one layer due to the size of the ballerina.  She goes from top to bottom on this card!


Speaking of the ballerina, let's talk about how I made her now.  I started with a 1 1/4" circle punched out of Blushing Bride (retired) for her head.  I then punched another circle, same size out of Early Espresso.  I cut it in half to make her bangs.  I tried to do a little wavy cut and snipped out a couple of bits of it.  I then punched a 1" circle out of Cherry Cobbler.  I set this aside as I would not need it.  I just needed the hole it left behind.  I punched another circle off set to make the headband and then punched a 1" circle from Early Espresso for the bun. A word window was used to make the ears and the neck.  For her eyes, I used the owl builder punch for the white and the standard 1/4" hand held hole punch for the brown which happens to be Soft Suede card stock.  The 1/4" hole punch was also used for the nose.  I added white to the eyes with gel pen and drew the smile on using the Cherry Cobbler marker.  For the arms, I used the retired photo corner punch.  I punched out the small one and then punched again off setting the punch.  Her bodice of the dress is made with the retired rounded tab punch.  Once I punched it out of dsp, I used my 1 1/4" circle punch to make the scoop neck of the top of the dress.  I added glitter glue to the headband and a few spots on the dress.  I also added small black gems to the ears for earrings.


For the skirt, I used the blossom builder punch.  The largest petal was punched out of Vellum card stock while the smaller ones were punched out of Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler.  I edged the Vellum petals with black ink and then attached the smaller petals to them using a liquid glue.  Glitter glue was used to make the dots on the top petals.  I added a black gem to the bottom of each petal.  Her legs are word windows.  To make her ballet slippers, I used the word window punch.  I punched it out of Basic Black and them trimmed the ends off for the toes.  I used a scrap to make the ribbons for the slippers.  Once she was all put together I attached her to the card using dimensionals.  The greeting is from the stamp set Wicked Cool.  I stamped it onto Whisper White using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder.  I free hand cut it out and attached it with dimensionals.  

Tomorrow I will share another Halloween themed card.  I hope you will stop by to see it.  Thank you so much for dropping by today.  Happy stamping!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment