CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Yellow Lab Card

First and foremost I want to wish my beautiful mother-in-law Linda a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  I hope the day brings lots of fun and laughter into your life!!  Dave and I are planning to take you out next week.  I can hardly wait!!

I had a request to make a card for a girl that had a yellow lab on it.  Now if you work with punch art you know that you do your best to make a project look right but they are usually not exact.  So I set off to make the puppy and found that I could use So Saffron for his coloring and a basic dog for the body.  Here is what I came up with:


I believe I showed this little dog in Chocolate Chip a few weeks ago.  The only change I made was to the ears.  They needed to be floppy instead of short.  For the base card, I used Real Red which is also the color of the apples.  I made the apples using the cutest little punch from a set my friend Val gave me (Thanks Val!!).  I punched them and added glitter of course.  The tree is a Sizzix die I have for my big shot.  I picked it up several years ago.  I cut it out of Chocolate Chip and Garden Green to layer it, then added the apples to the tree.  I then used a piece of Whisper White for the background.  I chalked a sky and the grass onto it and then attached the tree to it.  The dog is adhered using dimensionals to give some depth to the card.  

Here is a close up of the dog.  Now I know you can see any imperfections I happened to make but remember they simply add character to the card!  Now maybe he does not exactly look like a yellow lab but he is so cute I am sure the recipient will love him.

This is the inside of my card.  I used 2 different stamps to make my greeting.  While my card stock and punches are all from Stampin' Up!, these stamps are not.  Again I had these prior to becoming a demonstrator.  Anyway, I like them because it stamps the outline of the letters and allows me to color the inside using my trusty colored pictures.  I love to color and have ever since I was little so it was a pleasure to get to do this.  
Well, I am off to work on another project.  I hope you like the card I shared today.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the dog.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment