CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Floating Frame?

Okay I know it sounds weird but that is what I am calling my card front.  I happened to see another card online by a demonstrator (I have to start writing their names down) that had a card front with this type of frame.  Of course my normal response of "I have to try that" popped out of my mouth.  It took me a couple of days before I actually tried it but I do like the results.


I love this embosslit folder called Beautiful Wings.  Perhaps it is because I really enjoy butterflies.  I used it to make all these little guys.  I did cut 2 sets of each color.  I will show you why in a few minutes.  I also used the lattice die to make the interior of my frame where the butterflies would be placed.  Let me show you what makes this so special.  

Here is the card open.  Can you see how the frame is hallow?  That's right.  The base card it Very Vanilla.  I trimmed out the interior of it 1/2" in from each side.  I then took the piece of Garden Green and trimmed out the interior from each side 3/4" in making the sides slightly wider than the Vanilla sides.  The lattice is attached to the back of the Garden Green frame prior to adhering it to the Vanilla frame.  Then I attached the butterflies.  Before we move on, check out the greeting.  It is from the stamp set Curly Cute.  Using my SU! markers, I colored the stamp with the colors of the butterflies and stamped it on Very Vanilla.  I then sponged the edges with the rainbow of colors.  The ends were snipped with my handy scissors.  Now to the inside.

This is the inside of the frame.  Here you can see the back of the frame.  To add strength to the frame, I paired up the butterflies on the back.  Yes they may be a little off but I tried my best.  I did this prior to adhering it to the Vanilla.   This makes a lovely card front that is unique.  I like to make new card styles in order to change up what I send to family and friends.  I think they appreciate it.  

This is the interior of the card.  If you go back to the first picture I posted, you can see the greeting through the openings in the frame.  Personally, this does not bother me.  If it bothers you then this would not be a card style you would want to do.  I stamped the simple greeting from the stamp set Create A Cupcake in Basic Black ink.  I punched it out using the decorative label punch, then making a frame to go behind it.  

Well we are off to the start of a new week.  My hope is that it is better than last week.  I wish all of you a marvelous Monday.  Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what I come up with next.  Thanks for dropping in today. 







No comments:

Post a Comment