My color scheme for this card is pumpkin pie, garden green, whisper white, and rich razzleberry. The base card is the pumpkin with a layer of green on top. I took the white layer and ran it through my big shot using the Spider Web impression folder. I then took my razzleberry ink pad and brushed it over the web using the direct to paper technique. Once I had the web highlighted I was ready to attach it to the green. I then set it aside to wait for the dress.
To make the dress, I started with a scrap piece of pumpkin pie card stock. I punched out a 1" circle. Then I took my designer label punch and lined it up over the punched out hole creating the scoop in the neckline. For me it is easier to do this rather than punch out the label and try to line up the circle. I then took my blossom builder punch and punched out 5 large scallop petals in vellum card stock and 5 of the same shape smaller petal without scallops. Then it was time to stamp. The first set I used is current and is called Wicked Cool. I love this set. I used the bats to stamp on the body of the dress. I then put a line of glue across the bottom and top of the pumpkin piece and added orange glitter. Then I took the dangling spider punch from the retired stamp set called Eat, Drink, and Be Scary. I stamped it on each of the vellum petals using StazOn ink. I recommend using an ink like StazOn because it dries quickly and will not smear if you touch it. I did take my heat tool and use it to dry the ink a little just to ensure I would not smear it. I brushed the edges of the vellum petals with pumpkin ink. I took the green petals and brushed the edges with green ink. I then glued them on top of the vellum petals. Beginning in the center I then attached the petals to the body of the dress. Once they were all attached I put little dots of Dazzling Details, which is the new glitter glue offered by SU!, on the green petals and around the edge of the vellum on the scallops. I left the center scallop blank on each petal so a black pearl could be placed on the edge. I set it aside to dry first and then attached it to the card using dimensionals.
For the greeting, I punched out a modern label in razzleberry. The word Spooky is from the Wicked Cool stamp set. It is stamped using StazOn ink. It was then punched out using the large oval punch. Then I wanted to tie it all together by highlighting the edges with the colors of the card. So it is edged with garden green, rich razzleberry, and pumpkin pie. It was then adhered to the modern label using my runner adhesive. I attached the entire greeting to the card with dimensionals.
Here we are again at the beginning of another weekend. I hope yours is wonderful. Do something fun and creative with your time. I know I will. Thanks for stopping in today and I will see you Monday.