CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Resting Reindeer

Well we have made it to Thursday.  I must admit Wednesday was not a fun day for me.  It was actually very stressful.  You can imaging how happy I am it is over.

Today's card is one that I love but it is attached to some difficult memories.  By now you all know I love my punches with a passion.  I enjoy creating animals and characters for cards.  Well this card has 3 little reindeer heads on it.  Now I made this one back in 2009 but came across it yesterday and just had to share it.  The reason it stands out so much is this is a card I worked on in the hospital waiting room while my brother had surgery to remove his cancer.  That surgery had a happy ending or so we thought.  But the entire story did not.  Since I do not want to depress you let's get back to the card.


The main idea of this card is to have the reindeer looking out from the stable they are housed in.  I chose 3 colors that at the time were call current - Chocolate Chip which is still available, and Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa which are both retired now.  The base card is Whisper White.  The layer with the barn is Close to Cocoa.  I took this piece and first drew the lines on to make the pieces of wood.  Once they were drawn horizontally, I divided them vertically being sure to offset the pieces and added the "nails".    I took a piece of glossy white paper (I used a photo paper) and sponged ink onto it to make the light in the window.  Once it dried I attached it to the barn and made the frame for it from Chocolate Chip.  The greeting is from the set Four The Holidays which is a current set.  It is stamped in VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  


These reindeer are very simple.  You use the large oval punch for the face, the 1/4" circle punch for the nose and the whites of the eyes, a 1/8" circle punch for the eyeballs and the snowflake punch for the antlers.  I did add glitter to the antlers.  If I were making this card now, I would still use Chocolate Chip for one of the colors.  For the other two I would use Early Espresso and Soft Suede.  They would look nice together.  
And so we come to the end of another short blog.  I must get back to cleaning my kitchen and finishing laundry.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment