CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 9, 2011

More of those Rosettes!

I am really becoming addicted to making those cute rosette flowers.  I was going through some old dsp I have and came across a some from a few occasion mini catalogs back.  I thought wow this would make cute rosettes and of course I had to sit right down and make some.  Let me remind you what this flower looks like:


Remember these?  I knew if you saw them you would remember them.  You know unfortunately, dsp included in any catalog whether it is the yearly Idea book or one of the minis retires when the catalog retires.  I think this is kind of sad as I know lots of demonstrators who have left over paper but are no longer able to use them for classes or workshops because they retired.  However, they can still be used on our own projects or cards that we send out.  Thank goodness for that.

Here is the card I did.  The base card is Certainly Celery.  I then took a layer of Chocolate Chip and place a little more than half into the Stripes impression folder and sent it through the big shot.  Then I took a piece of Very Vanilla that is half as long as the Chocolate Chip and used the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder on it.  I adhered it to the unimpressed end of the Chocolate Chip.  I place a piece of Certainly Celery ribbon, which is also retired, along the edge where the two colors meet.  I could then place my flowers how I liked on the card.  I stamped the greeting from a retired stamp set called Well Scripted on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Chocolate Chip ink.  I punched it out with the decorative label punch and edged it with Certainly Celery ink.  I then made a Certainly Celery frame for the label and attached it to the card.

For the inside I used a stamp from the Word Play stamp set for my greeting.  It is stamped on Very Vanilla card stock using Chocolate Chip ink.  It too is punched with the decorative label punch, edged with Chocolate Chip ink, and layered on a Chocolate Chip frame.  I added the rhinestone to the "i" for a little bling.  I really like bling!!
I cannot believe another week has come and gone.  Where does the time go?  I hope your week was a good one.  I know mine was busy but in a good way.  Hopefully next week will bring more good things my way.  Thanks for dropping in today.  Have a great weekend and I will see you Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment