CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Repeat Blog #1 - Ellie the Elephant

Today I am going to share one of my favorite cards I made.  This is the first one I am re-posting.  I still have no idea why the pictures disappeared from the original blog but I knew I had to delete the blog and do it again.  After all, I really wanted you to see the cute card.


I call her Ellie the Elephant.  I made my first elephant from punches and share it with you on a get well card.  Not too long after making that one, I realized I could use the ornament punch for ears instead of the butterfly punch.  So I began working on my new little elephant and as I was developing her, I decided to turn her so you could see all her little feet instead of the side view profile.  The base card is Wild Wasabi with a layer of Bashful Blue on top of it.  The blue was put through the big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.

As I stated above, I used the ornament punch for the ears of this elephant.  The wide oval punch was used for the head with the eyes coming from the owl builder punch.   The trunk believe it or not is the large petal of the blossom builder punch.  For the body, I used the 2 1/2" circle punch while the feet are all made with the 1" circle punch.  You cut the bottom flat.  The little toe nails are a 1/4" punch cut in half.  The tail is the branch from the bird builder punch.  A leaf is used for the tip of the tail.  I bet you can tell the elephant is Basic Gray in color while the toenails are from Pink Pirouette.  The eyebrows, mouth, and wrinkles were drawn on using a fine tip black marker.  I added white gel pen to the eyes to enhance them.  

The peanuts were a bit of a challenge for me.  I had never seen any done and had to come up with this all on my own.   I started by using the small oval punch (not the retired one but the current one from the catalog).  I then used my 1/2" circle punch to snip a bit out of each side of the oval.  Using my scissors, I trim the sides into the shape I wanted.  The 1/2" circle is simply a starting point to do this.  However, you could just free hand cut the ovals into the peanut shape.  Once I had all my peanuts cut out, I placed them in the square lattice impression folder and ran it through the big shot.  I felt the texture really gave an authentic look to them.  I used Crumb Cake card stock for these and brushed the edges with Crumb Cake ink.  

I know you will agree she was just too cute not to let you see her.  So I hope there are no problems this time and I can leave this post up forever!!  Thanks for stopping in today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment