CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fire Dog to the Rescue

Having a fireman for a husband means being around all types of fire items.  From statues to toy truck to real fire equipment, we tend to have all or most in out house at the same time.  The one item associated in a lot of books and pictures with firefighter is the trusty fire dog.  It is usually a dalmatian and very cute.  Well, I can tell you I have yet to go to a fire house and meet a dalmation.  We do have our sweet little dog at home.  I refer to her as demon dog some times but that is a different story.  So making this card was a lot of fun as I could think of many nieces and nephews that I have who would really like this one.


What a cutie!!  Again, I found myself wanting to play with my Cricut machine and with the Create a Critter cartridge.  This dog is in his yard playing fire dog and rescuing all the other dogs in need.  He has his fire house (his dog house) to rest in and his helmet is on to protect him no matter what he encounters.  I do not know if you can tell but the "1" on the house is from the shield on his helmet.  I chalked the background on this one too using the pastels.  The grass is simply torn pieces of Garden Green card stock.  I tucked the little house in the grass and made it smaller that the dog giving the illusion that it is behind him in the yard.  

Here is a close up of the little guy.  The dog is made using layers that you cut out with the Cricut.  Even the tongue is cut by the Cricut.  I love this machine.  All card stock used for this card is from Stampin' Up!  I may have a lot of non SU! items but card stock is not one of them.  The quality of the card stock from SU! is superb!!  I would not think of using any other brand.  The glitter on the helmet, eyes and nose is also from SU!.  

This is the inside of the card.  Again, I did not have a stamp with a saying that I liked on it for this card.  So I turned to my handy computer (what did we ever do without these?) and typed my own.  I cut it out and layered it on Garden Green.  The base card is Crumb Cake.  Since this if for a child, I decided to put the smiley face on the fire hydrant.  Again it could have been solid red but I like the face.  So I layered the red hydrant with the smile on top of a solid black one.  Then I added glitter to the eyes and mouth.  All in all I am pleased with the results and know the recipient will love it.  
The week has been busy but fun so far.  Hope it stays that way.  Thanks for dropping in today and please come back tomorrow.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment