CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Littlest Angel

There is a Christmas story called The Littlest Angel.  I remember reading this to my daughters when they were small.  Believe it or not, I still have this book along with many others which come out every Christmas at my house.  I still enjoy reading the stories myself and hope to one day in the far future (hear that girls) to read them to my grandchildren.  So what does this have to do with my blog today you ask?  Last Friday, I received a call from my aunt who happen to need a birthday card for a friend.  Her friend really likes angels and she wanted angels on the card if possible.  I happened to see another blog last month where the topic was little angels made from punches.  I looked for it again, but could not remember who had posted it.  So I set off to attempt to make an angel from memory, or at least what I could remember.  The rest I improvised.

I must admit, it was easier than I thought.  I took a little girl face/head I had made with the owl punch and then focused on the body.  It seemed divine intervention must have been with me because once I started, I had 2 angels made before I realized it.


Here is the first one.  I gave here blond hair (So Saffron) and a sweet, serene face (drawn on).  I used the butterfly punch for her wings.  I punched one and ran it through the big shot using an impression folder to add texture.  Cut it in half, and there are her 2 wings.  Her face is a 3/4" circle in Blushing Bride.  Her bangs are a 1" circle punch cut in half.  The back of her hair is the owl minus his feet.  The halo is a 1 1/4" circle punched around a 1" circle punch hole in Brushed Gold.  The flowers in her hair are from the itty bitty punch pack.  Her body is the large scalloped petal from the build a blossom punch in Shimmery White, like the wings.  I ran it through the big shot using the Elegant Lines impression folder. 


Here is the 2nd angel I made.  She is a brunette (Chocolate Chip) like all the girls in my house.  The only other difference between her and the first one is her wings.  These were made using a 1 3/4" scallop circle.  It was run though the big shot to texture it, then cut in half, and then cut one half in half again.  My daughter liked her wings best.  I like them too.  You should have noticed on both that I added rhinestones to the center of the flowers.  I made a couple of other angels later and added pearls to theirs.  I love how serene these little girls look.  The only change I made on the next set I made was a added some small snips to their bangs so they looked more like hair to me.  Now for the card.


Here is the final product.  I created the background myself by using chalk to make a sky with clouds.  I know it is hard to see but under the 2 angels, there are fluffy clouds.  These were made using a sizzix die I have had for years and running it through the big shot.  I did edge them with bashful blue ink to help the corners stand out.  The greeting is from the Pretty Postage stamp set.  I stamped it in Marina Mist and punched it out with the 1" square.  It is layered on a Marina Mist postage stamp punch piece.  The base card is also (can you guess?) Marina Mist.   

My aunt loved the card and I really hope her friend likes it too.  Now I must be off to create another card that my aunt ordered.  So thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment