CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

You Need What???????

Welcome to Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.  Are you ready for turkey day?  In our family, holidays work a little different depending on my husband's work schedule.  Being a firefighter, he sometimes has to work on the holidays and this year is one of those years.  So that means I get to have 2 dinners!!!  On Thanksgiving day, I will make a side dish to take to the station and will celebrate the day with my husband and fire family.  Then on Sunday, I will be preparing a full Thanksgiving meal for our family.  I enjoy spending time with everyone and love to see our fire family.  It's the best of both worlds if you think about it.

So the other day, my husband asked me if I would make a Christmas card for his charity to send out to their sponsors.  Of course I said yes.  After all it is the giving thing to do.  After thanking me, he said very casually as he was leaving the room "I need 150 of them."  I had to sit down.  Now I really want to send these out near Dec. 1st so that meant getting to work on them.  He chose a style that I thought would be very easy.  Let me show you the card.  You have seen it before but I will show it again.


Remember this one?  It is really a simple design to do.  My mother in law gave me the stamp I used and I am so appreciative.  Now I am going to make a few changes.  For one, I am not going to use the holly leaf brads.  They are pretty expensive and you only get 9 in a pack.  Instead, I will color the leaves and berries and add some glitter glue.  It will look just as nice as the brads do.  I will also spray the green layer with my champagne shimmer spray.  The balls in the corner will be replaced with s snowflake punch out.  Again, the balls are a little pricey an I am not sure I could get them here in time to use them anyway.  Snowflakes will be cute though don't you think?  The part that takes the longest in making this card is the coloring.  Want to see my stack to still color?


Here it is.  Do you like my pink lap table?  Thank goodness I have that so I can be comfy while coloring.  As you can see from the photo, I have a few colored, one in progress and a lot to still do.  With Thanksgiving a few days away, I am feeling a little overwhelmed.  I have food to prepare for Thursday, cleaning to do at my house, and lots of food to make on Sunday.  I am tired just thinking about all of it.

So I have decided to work exclusively on the charity cards for this week.  That means I will not have anything new to share tomorrow.  I don't want to bore you with my ramblings so I am going to opt not to blog anything for tomorrow.  Since it is a holiday weekend, I will not be blogging again until Monday.  I wish all of you a very happy Thanksgiving filled with friends, family, great food and wonderful memories.  I also want to wish my daughter's boyfriend Robert a very Happy Birthday on Wednesday the 21st and wish my sister in law Becky a Happy Birthday on Friday the 23rd.  

I will share with you a new card on Monday of next week.  Thanks for stopping by today!!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and don't each too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment