Today's card has a simple elegance about it. I tried not to go overboard but did have to add a little dazzle to it. So let me show you the card and we will go from there!!
I made a fireplace card last year that had stockings hanging from it. I really liked it and wanted to try my hand at another one. I started with a base card of Riding Hood Red. I cut it to be 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to measure 4" x 5 1/4". I ran this piece through my big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder. I attached this piece to the base card using runner adhesive. For my fireplace, I took a piece of Riding Hood Red and ran it through the big shot using an impression folder called Bricks. I also ran a piece of Basic Gray through using the same impression folder. I free hand cut out the fireplace so I really do not have exact measurements for it. I wanted the opening of the fire to have a back so I took a piece of Basic Black, cut it slightly bigger than my opening, sprayed it with Champagne Shimmer Spray and attached it using the runner adhesive. I cut the gray piece to make a little side wall for the fireplace. I attached the entire fireplace and the wall to the card with the runner adhesive. I added a few green rhinestones to the background just for fun.
To make my fire, I started with a piece of Early Espresso and ran it through the big shot using the Woodgrain impression folder. I then punched out 3 logs using the word window punch. I trimmed a little off one end of each log so they would fit in the fireplace. The flames were made using Daffodil Delight card stock and the blossom builder punch. I punched out 3 of the long petals and 4 of the small wide ones. I edged them with Tangerine Tango ink to add a little more color to them. I started attaching all the pieced to the fire by placing the 3 large flames first, then the 4 small flames and the 3 logs. All of the pieces were attached to the fireplace using a 2 way glue pen.
I wanted to put something on the mantel of the fireplace and decided a nice holly spray with a candle would look good. I apologize that the photo is a little blurry. The leaves of the holly spray are made from Garden Green card stock and punched using the bird builder punch. Just punch the top of the branch several times and layer them to make the spray. I used a 2 way glue pen to attach my leaves to the card. I then took a small piece of silver shimmer glitter card stock and used it for my candle. I attached a very slim piece of Basic Black for the wick and used my cupcake builder punch to punch out the Daffodil Delight flame. The wick, flame and candle were adhered together with the glue pen and then attached to the card using the same adhesive. I added some red rhinestones to the spray to represent holly berries.
For me, the fireplace still looked a little bare and I wanted to have a greeting on the card so I decided to make a garland using circles and have it spell out my greeting. I started by stamping the letters onto Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink. The stamp set I used is an alphabet set I picked up several years ago at a craft store. Next I heat embossed the letters using silver embossing powder. Now I will admit, I think I would use a different color of card stock or embossing powder next time. I feel the garland blends in with the background a little. Oh well. Once the letters were embossed, I punched them out using the circle from the itty bitty punch pack. I attached them to the fireplace using glue dots. I made sure to have a blank one between the words so you could see them easily. Of course it could not just be blank so I added a red rhinestone to the blank one.
I am so ready for the holiday season to be here. I just love all the traditions we have and look forward to being with my family. Well that is all I have for you today. I will be back tomorrow with another card to share with you. Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you all tomorrow.