Isn't he cute?! Once again, the owl punch brings us another cute design. I started this one with a base card of Soft Suede. It was cut to be 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2". I chose to add a layer of Very Vanilla cut at 4" x 5 1/4". I love how the vanilla looks next to the suede. I knew I wanted some sort of background on the vanilla but really did not want to use another impression folder. So I pulled out this little stamp set I bought at a stamp convention a few years ago. It is autumn themed and had the 2 leaf shapes as part of it. I stamped the leaves using VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with a copper embossing powder. I attached the layer to the suede using runner adhesive. The rhinestones were added to the card once the turkey and greeting had been placed.
For my greeting, I used a stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. I stamped it onto vanilla card stock using the VersaMark ink and again heat embossed it using the copper embossing powder. I punched it out using the word window punch and layered it onto a suede modern label with runner adhesive. I added a rhinestone to each end and attached it to the card using dimensionals.
Finally we reach the turkey!!! I used only 2 punches to make him - the owl builder and the blossom builder. For the owl, I punched the body out of Early Espresso card stock. The eyes were made using Whisper White and Basic Black card stock. I added white gel pen to the eyes. The beak is Pumpkin Pie and is made using the heart from the owl punch and the gobbler (I hope that's what it is called) is a Cherry Cobbler heart from the owl punch cut in half.
For the feathers, I used the large, thin petal from the blossom builder punch. I chose to use Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler and Cajun Craze card stock for the colors of the feathers. I punched all of the pieces out and then brushed the edges of each feather using a sponge and the matching ink. Then I used the matching Stampin' Up! marker to draw on the lines on the feathers to make them look more realistic. Finally, I used my scissors and snipped each feather on the lines down each side. This way I could flair the feathers again making them a little more realistic. All pieces of the owl and feathers were attached using a liquid glue. Once the owl turkey was made, I attached him to the card using dimensionals.
Well once again we are at the end of the week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will return on Monday with another share for you. Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you all on Monday!!!!!