CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Playtime For Penguins

Welcome to Thursday everyone.  Can you believe we are only 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving?  That just seems crazy to me.  However, I am looking forward to my turkey dinner.

As you have probably already guessed, I survived my doctor appointment and the blood draw.  The tech who drew my blood was really awesome and I have no bruising!!  I am so happy.  Now I will not have to do that again for awhile.

Have you ever wondered hat penguins do for fun?  I can just see them sliding down the snowy hills into either a snow bank, the water or onto the ice.  I think it would be a blast.  With this thought in mind,  I started designing the card I am sharing with you today.  I really wanted to make the penguins slide on this one or at least look like they are sliding but it just did not happen this time.  I was short on time so I went with an easier design.  Are you ready to see it?  Let's get started.


Aren't they just so cute?  I started with a base card of Night of Navy cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".   Next I grabbed a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it to measure 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I took out my wonderful pastels and chalked a light blue background for the sky.  Once it was chalked I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.

To make the snow for the hill and ground, I took another piece of Whisper White that was 5 3/8" wide and tore strips from it.  I layered these and adhered them using a the runner adhesive.  For the ice, I used a scrap of Bashful Blue and adhered it just behind the bottom strip of white snow.  I then used some Mod Podge glue and added light blue glitter to the ice.  I then added a layer of crystal effects on top of that to make it glossy looking and to seal in the glitter.  The white glitter snowballs were added after the greeting and the penguins were added.  I used my trusty glue dots to adhere them.  


My greeting comes from the retired stamp set Four the Holidays.  I stamped it directly onto the sky using Night of Navy ink.  I wanted a greeting there but did not really need it to stand out so this was the best way in my opinion to do it.


My adorable little non flying friends were all made the exact same way.  I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Tangerine Tango card stock for these guys.  I used the owl builder punch and the retired small star punch.  I punched out the beak with the star punch.  I simply punched one star and cut off 3 of the prongs, one for each penguin.  The body is the owl himself with the ears and feet trimmed off.  I punched another set of feet using the tangerine card stock.  The eyes are the medium and small circles from the owl builder punch and the vest is from it also.  All parts of the penguins are adhered together using liquid glue.

For each of my penguins I made a little hat to keep their heads warm.  I made these using 2 punches - the blossom builder and the small oval.  I used the short wide petal from the blossom punch for the hat for the top while the oval is the bottom.  For this little penguin, I used Cherry Cobbler card stock to make his.  I added some dazzling details glitter glue to match this color and then put a green pom pom ball on top.  The ball is attached with a glue dot while the hat is attached with liquid glue.


For my second penguin I chose to use Garden Green for his hat.  Again, I found a glitter glue I had that was a pretty good match to the card stock and added some details.  The pom pom ball for this one is white with gold tinsel.  


The last penguins hat is made using Night of Navy card stock.  I used a blue glitter glue for the details this time.  The pom pom ball for him is red.  All of the penguins are attached to the card using dimensionals. 

This was an easy card to make.   The hardest part was waiting for the crystal effects to dry.   It takes some time so I would suggest you do that part first and allow it to dry over night if possible.  

Only one more day until the weekend.  I hope your week is going well.  Please come by tomorrow to see what I will make next.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment