CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Valentine's Day Is Just Around the Corner

It is hard to believe we are already into 2012.  The holiday season just seemed to fly by to me.  Now I don't know about you but I still have my Christmas tree up.  It will probably come down soon but I intend to enjoy it as long as I can.  Just think, in a little over a month, it will be Valentine's Day.  So I decided we would take a look at some of the items in the Occasions mini while looking at a card for that special day. 


Except for the decorative label punch, glitter and card stock, all products used on this card are from the Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-bration catalog.  I chose the color Melon Mambo for my base card.  I love this color and it fits the holiday well.  I am going to go through the materials used to make this card but it will be easier to go through one part at a time.  So let's get started.


To start, I used a new item called Adorning Accents textured impressions embossing folders to make the hearts on the bottom of the card.  It is an impression folder like many we have used before except it is only about an 1" wide.  It is meant to be an accent not an entire covering.  I then took a piece of Whisper White to use as my layer on top.  I cut it to be the same width and length as the front of the card.  I then used another new item called Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies.  These are thin pieces of metal that have one raised side.  You put the raised side against your card stock where you want to cut it.  Then use platform 1 of the multi-purpose platform for the big shot along with the cutting pads.  Create your sandwich just like always and run it through.  What you get is the serrated edge of the white.  The piece will just come off and you will have a lovely design to accent your card.  I wanted to add an embossed look so once again I turned to the Adorning Accents impression folders.  This pattern is meant to work hand in hand with the edgelits.  Line up the impression folder so that it is aligned with the scallop edge and run it through the big shot using the cutting pads and platform 2 like always.  Okay so this may sound a little confusing but I promise you it is not.  

Do you like the little hearts on the white part?  Well I used my handy Melon Mambo card stock and Pretty in Pink card stock to do these.  Once again, I used a new product from the Occasions Mini.  This one is an Embosslit die called Fashionable Hearts.  These are the dies that both cut and emboss the hearts at the same time.  Love, love, love this!!!


As you can see, the hearts are all over the front of the card.  I attached them with my 2-way glue pen.  The greeting comes from a stamp set called Outlined Occasions.  This set is available to you from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  All you have to do is order $50 worth of merchandise from the Idea Book and/or the Occasions Mini and it can be yours for FREE.  I thought this set was fun.  I love to color and this set appealed to that side of me.  Any way, I stamped the "Love" using StazOn ink on Whisper White card stock.  I then used my SU! markers in Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink to color this.  I then punched it out using the decorative label punch and added dazzling diamond glitter to the edge of it using the 2-way glue pen.   Then I created a frame for this out of Melon Mambo using the same punch.  Too cute!!

I hope this inspires you to make some Valentine's cards.  I also hope you are inspired to take a look at the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration books.  I think you will like what you see.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share.  Thanks for dropping in today and I will see you tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment